Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Nik76
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo app stuck on logo. iOS 16.2 Tried rebooting uninstall reinstall offload app reset network settings. The thing does not load at all

i spent over 1000 bucks on all the arlo devices. What kinda crap is this?

70 REPLIES 70
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Expected behaviour using a mobile, need to use a pc web browser.

Doing this will confirm that your account is still working.

Have you tried repowering the mobile?

NicoleJ
Star
Star

Yes I can get in online and see the camera history. App still isn’t working. 

Pseudonym
Tutor
Tutor

The Arlo Secure app on my iPhone isn't functioning. It opens, but is stuck on the full blue screen with the House Icon. I've deleted and redownloaded the app, but it remains stuck.

The app for my iPad works, but I have not been able to access the iPhone version for about a week.

I've tried reaching out to "Support" and a bot just tells me to download the app from the store. Is there an actual support system at Arlo, and if so, how does one contact them?

NicoleJ
Star
Star

Something happened yesterday afternoon on the app all of a sudden decided not to work on my iPhone 14 iOS 16.4 (i was already in 16.4 before yesterday). The app does not want to get stuck on the launch screen. I’ve been able to access my account via the Web on my iPad and on my daughters iPhone 14, which is not on iOS 16.4. Fix your app please!!! 

NicoleJ
Star
Star

Same issue here. Arlo support has not been helpful this far. Are you on iOS 16.4?

Pseudonym
Tutor
Tutor

I am, I updated yesterday hoping that would solve the issue but the result was the same.

Pseudonym
Tutor
Tutor

I have been able to access the camera via the iOS Home app, but I can't access the Library and don't get alerts.

Pseudonym
Tutor
Tutor

Putting it in airplane mode worked for me. It forced it to log me back in.

Pseudonym
Tutor
Tutor

I found similar posts and managed to resolve this, like others, without support from Arlo.

I put my phone airplane mode and opened the app. It had been force closed by sliding it up.

Once I opened it, it showed the log in screen, and I turned off airplane mode to allow for the log in.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you provide a screenshot of the error message?

Thanks 

NicoleJ
Star
Star

I’ve been trying to get a response from an Arlo rep for over 24 hours. When I launch the app i just get the blue launch screen with the house and no error. This is happening on iPhone 14 iOS 16.4. I’ve successfully been able to get the app to work in another iPhone 14 that isn’t in iOS 16.4 yet, an iPad and the website. Please update the app for iOS 16.4.

NicoleJ
Star
Star

I tied this yesterday and it did not work but it just worked now. Thank you. Do you have to do this every time you launch the app? 

CSCO
Tutor
Tutor

won’t go past the logo screen.

tried to restart phone and also reinstall app to no success 

aku_hime
Aspirant
Aspirant

It didnt show the error code. It only show " unknown error"  on the screen

aku_hime
Aspirant
Aspirant

I havent updated the ios.. still on ios 16.2..

I will update it asap..

aku_hime
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have updated the IOS, uninstalled then reinstalled the app.. it still shows " unknown error"... 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NicoleJ wrote:

Do you have to do this every time you launch the app? 

I don't think so - though I haven't run into this on my own iPhone, so I am not sure how often it is needed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you provide a screenshot of the error messaging?

NicoleJ
Star
Star

There is no error message, it just gets stuck on the blue launch screen with the house. I was able to override by putting my phone in airplane mode while launching the app and then it would prompt me to log in.

aku_hime
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is what i get when i try to login

20230407_102007.jpg

LTCRIce
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can not het the App on my Cell to go past blue screen… hub is ok blue lite on

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LTCRIce wrote:

I can not het the App on my Cell to go past blue screen… hub is ok blue lite on

Try restarting the phone, and put it into airplane mode.  Then launch the app.  You should then get an internet connection error.

Then put the phone back into the normal mode, and see if you can log in.

ArloUser7356749
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was having this problem and I clicked on log out instead of log in. Then I clicked on log in and it went to the next screen to enter email and password. Hope this helps someone else having this issue.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

When I try to open the arlo secure it app it just opens to the blue screen with the house and circle.  The login boxes are missing.  It doesn't progress.  I updated my phone and the app.  The app works on other devices.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I also deleted the app and reinstalled it.  No go