Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App stuck on logo screen for weeks

Discussion stats
Nik76
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo app stuck on logo. iOS 16.2 Tried rebooting uninstall reinstall offload app reset network settings. The thing does not load at all

i spent over 1000 bucks on all the arlo devices. What kinda crap is this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nik76
Tutor
Tutor

Just wow! thank you thank you thank you. You are awesome! I followed a subset of your steps and that fixed it. Here are my steps:

1-  Turn off Arlo iCloud storage ( under iCloud under your apple ID->Settings->apps using iCloud-->turn off ARLO)

2- Turn on airplane mode and kill ARLO app by sliding up.

3 - I started Arlo App - then it asked to log in

4- re- Enabled LTE /. WIFI

5- Entered my credentials for Arlo

Thanks again. I wish ARLO would have helped us out after spending $1000 on their equipment. 

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Nik76

Are you still experiencing this issue with your Arlo app? 

Nik76
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I am still experiencing it. I have tried every single solution offered on these forums and the internet. Can't get past the splash screen. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the video, logging in via the web portal on a pc works fine correct? 

Which model iPhone does this occur on? 

Does it occur on any other handheld devices? 

Does this occur on mobile data as well? 

Nik76
Tutor
Tutor

iPhone 14 PRO MAX and iPhone 14 Pro both.

Yes happens on LTE data as well

IOS 16.3

Nik76
Tutor
Tutor

Works fine on the desktop/laptop browser. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Okay thanks, I'll provide this to my team and update you as soon as possible. 

tbsawaf
Tutor
Tutor

I am also having the same issue. Also stuck on welcome screen on my iPhone 11. I am running iOS 16.2. I have tried resetting everything except erasing the phone deleted the app and reinstalled it a bunch of times. I have a case open now, but no solutions yet! Everything is working correctly on the web interface. I of course tried LTE and WiFi several locations.. nothing is working

I am new to Arlo but very disappointed, this is unacceptable for a service used for security

Thanks

Tamim

Nik76
Tutor
Tutor

I know you are in the same boat as me somebody reached out to me and they open the case for me too but there is zero resolution.

I also agreed that for a product this expensive and used for security. This is truly unacceptable.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tbsawaf

Thanks for letting me know as well. I have reported this and I will provide an update ASAP. 

tbsawaf
Tutor
Tutor

Nick,

I fixed my problem.. no help from Arlo support of course!
So I think what is happening is something corrupted in iCloud data related to Arlo app. So here is what I did, my iCloud storage was at 100% full which I normally ignore since I don't care about that. Arlo app does write some data to your iCloud account.

1-  I turned off Arlo iCloud storage ( under iCloud under your apple ID)

2- I removed my phone from Arlo trusted devices, you can do this from Arlo's web interface

3- I also changed my Arlo password

4- after all this, I turned off LTE and WiFi on my device - I believe this is the most important step because it forced the phone not to go and fetch anything from iCloud.

5 - I started Arlo App - then it asked to log in

6- re- Enabled LTE /. WIFI

7- Entered my credentials for Arlo

now it's working !!! woohoo

I hope this works for you as well

Cheers

Tamim

Nik76
Tutor
Tutor

Just wow! thank you thank you thank you. You are awesome! I followed a subset of your steps and that fixed it. Here are my steps:

1-  Turn off Arlo iCloud storage ( under iCloud under your apple ID->Settings->apps using iCloud-->turn off ARLO)

2- Turn on airplane mode and kill ARLO app by sliding up.

3 - I started Arlo App - then it asked to log in

4- re- Enabled LTE /. WIFI

5- Entered my credentials for Arlo

Thanks again. I wish ARLO would have helped us out after spending $1000 on their equipment. 

tbsawaf
Tutor
Tutor

You are welcomed, I am happy it fixed the issue.

I agree Arlo tech support is not where I expect it to be for the equipment cost and subscription fees that we pay.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is anyone still experiencing this issue? 

Sweetsarahb
Tutor
Tutor

YEs - I am and the above didn't fix mine. 😞 So frustrating.

If they tell me to uninstall and reinstall ONE MORE TIME lol.

deadseafish
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had same issue.

To get it to work I followed the same steps but also turned off wifi when placing on airplane mode in step #2. 

Arlo support was useless

leoniej
Initiate
Initiate

Cannot work out why Arlo app is stuck on the attached screen. Have tried reinstalling, turning phone off, nothing works 

984E579B-3DD2-4E5C-9071-14ADD0F12FDE.jpeg

Timmikk
Initiate
Initiate

The app will not launch on my iPhone 13 when I launch the app I get the blue location arrow then it goes out. I can launch the app on my iPad. 

32E053AF-6352-4436-8E6B-4EF144838451.jpeg

benjaminafabian
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI all,

trying to open the arlo in iphone 12, however the screen is freeze and it shows logo only, even there is no place for entering username/password   

...tried to delete the app and reinstall, tried to restart the iphone ... it does not solve the problem.

...tried to clear the cache or offload app... it does not solve the problem.

We appreciate your help.  

oliviertar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bonjour,

Je ne parviens plus à ouvrir l'app ARLO secure sur mon Iphone8 (juste l'écran bleu avec la maison et c'est tout)

et ce depuis dimanche matin.

Cela fonctionne sur le téléphone samsung de mon épouse et sur l'Iphone10 pro de mon fils.

Je ne reçois pas non plus les notifications.

Aidez-moi s'il vous plaît.

Olivier

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@benjaminafabian wrote:

...tried to delete the app and reinstall, tried to restart the iphone ... it does not solve the problem.

...tried to clear the cache or offload app... it does not solve the problem.

Try launching the app with the phone in airplane mode, and see if you get the login button then.

aku_hime
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been trying to login on my new Iphone 14 pro max, tried several times to no avail. it says unknown error. 
I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the app on the phone.. that also did not help at all. 
I still cannot login to my account. 

Someone help???????

NicoleJ
Star
Star

The Arlo app isn’t working. U open/launch and it just has the page with the logo, is not prompting me to log in and does not load anything. I have deleted 3x and retried with no success. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Do you still have access using the web site login?

NicoleJ
Star
Star

Us but I’m using my phone so when i log in on sugaring or google and select to “view cameras” it tried to launch the app which isn’t working.