Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"We are unable to claim device" and directs me to Arlo Support after to give it a name

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sloooo71164
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased the Arlo Q through Walmart and it was delivered today.  I go all the way through the set up and on the last page it shows my my camera serial number and asked me to give it a name.  When I do and hit continue, it comes back with and error telling me "We are unable to claim device" and directs me to Arlo support.  I have reset the camera a couple time and did it over, but I still get the same issue.  Anyone able to tell me what to do to get this thing working??

3 REPLIES 3
sloooo71164
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also, I have reset it until it clicks ever time I reset it, but I get the same error every time.  I have tried to set it up on my Android phone and my computer, but I get the error "We are unable to claim device".  For something that is supposed to be easy to set up, I have been working on trying to figure it out for over an hour.  Someone please help me!!!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey sloooo71164,

If you've factory reset your Arlo Q multiple time but still see the same issue, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

sloooo71164
Aspirant
Aspirant
I contacted customer support, waited about 10 minutes, got a prompt that they can call me back, put in my phone number and they never called. I ordered a different system. From what I have been reading, it's saying that the serial number to my system has been used before. I bought it brand new, so either Arlo repackaged the system or where I bought it from did. Either way, I left holding a system I needed running because I'm flying overseas for work tomorrow and I don't have a working system. So, I'm off the Best Buy to buy a new one.