Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
clandrau
Initiate
Initiate

a month ago, I purchased the vmb4000 with four cameras. Today I purchased an arlo Q and added it to my account. why is the arlo Q a seperate system with its own separate modes. shouldn't it be one system? 

the model field will not accept VMB4000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

The Q does not work via the base like the Pros do, it works directly with your wifi.

So just like all your pro cameras have their own modes so does the Q it's just separate as it's not connected to the base.

Having said that , as you will have noticed, providing you used the same email address to install the Q, then the app that you use for the Pros will also show the Q.

I have the same setup as you, works very well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

The Q does not work via the base like the Pros do, it works directly with your wifi.

So just like all your pro cameras have their own modes so does the Q it's just separate as it's not connected to the base.

Having said that , as you will have noticed, providing you used the same email address to install the Q, then the app that you use for the Pros will also show the Q.

I have the same setup as you, works very well.

clandrau
Initiate
Initiate

I agree, it does work well. I was justing looking at it from a centralized management aspect. instead of jumping from one component to another. would you know if they are going to add the motion detection zone to the arlo pro wireless cameras?

Streak2
Master Master
Master

The Pros use PIR based movement detection and the Q uses pixel based detection.

So no, the motion detection zone of the Q can't be implemented in the pro.