Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

If I grant access to one camera can there presence be used to arm/disarm all?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Terk
Apprentice
Apprentice

if I give someone access to one camera can there presence be used to disarm all cameras?  I'd like to have a family members phone be included in our Geo fence and disarm all cameras including Arlo Qs or Q+s however I don't want them to be able to view any camera except the one that I am forced to give them rights to to get them on the Geo fence in the first place.  I currently only have one camera but am considering buying more but want find out if this will work first.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Terk,

I apologize, I misunderstood the original post. Only the devices accessible on the shared account will be able to utilize the Geofencing feature along with the primary account.

So if you have multiple Arlo Q/Q+ devices, Geofencing will only work for Arlo Q/Q+ units that are shared on the account granted access.

I hope that helps,

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Terk,

Access rights can be limited by the primary account. For more information on this, take a look here: What privileges do my friends have when I grant them access rights in my Arlo account?

JamesC

Terk
Apprentice
Apprentice

That link doesn't answer my question

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Terk,

I apologize, I misunderstood the original post. Only the devices accessible on the shared account will be able to utilize the Geofencing feature along with the primary account.

So if you have multiple Arlo Q/Q+ devices, Geofencing will only work for Arlo Q/Q+ units that are shared on the account granted access.

I hope that helps,

JamesC

Terk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok, not was I was hoping for, but thanks for the reply.