Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to set mode to "Armed". Don't see "mode" tab on my Android app.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
craigcollo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've seen this in multiple discussion topics dating back to 2018 however regardless of the posts saying the solution was a software update I am still experiencing this issue in 2021! On my android I cannot even see a Mode tab anymore... On my wife's iPhone we can use the mode tab but it freezes on "getting information". Even via the website instead of the app I am unable to arm my device.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@craigcollo wrote:
 On my android I cannot even see a Mode tab anymore... On my wife's iPhone we can use the mode tab but it freezes on "getting information". 

Are you using Friend access on the Android phone?  Or are you using the primary account?

What version of Android?

@craigcollo wrote:
 Even via the website instead of the app I am unable to arm my device.

Is that because changing the mode doesn't work, or because you don't see the mode when you

1. click on the Mode control
  2. select the Q on the device list on the left
craigcollo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Stephen,
I am using the primary account on Android 10.

When I go through the website I have been putting my browser as "view desktop version" otherwise it tries to direct me to the app.
Using this method I can see the device and get to the mode screen however when I select "armed" the website just freezes and hangs. I have attempted multiple times on both Samsung browser and Chrome.

Any advice?

Thanks,
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@craigcollo wrote:
I am using the primary account on Android 10.

When I go through the website I have been putting my browser as "view desktop version" otherwise it tries to direct me to the app.
Using this method I can see the device and get to the mode screen however when I select "armed" the website just freezes and hangs. I have attempted multiple times on both Samsung browser and Chrome.

Have you tried a PC browser?

Also, are you able to livestream the camera from the app?