Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Torwoods
Follower
Follower

Hi 

I've purchased the Arlo Q in addition to my regular arlo pack.

I've wanted to use the Arlo Q as a monitor for my new puppies.

I've made everything okay and it works, but when I want to watch it livestream in my office, same building different floor, on my ipad, there is a huge delay in live feed.

It's almost 1 or 2 minutes delay, is there anything I can do to make this go away? Cause in that timeframe something bad can happen.

I have a wifi connection the fastest one and an extender in 5 meters from the camera.

On the second floor there is also an extender for the same network.

When I look either same floor or different floor, no change. 

Also the Arlo app keeps quitting on me. I use it at night to keep an eye on the little ones and (there's no consistency, sometimes after an halfhour, sometimes one hour or more or less) when i wake up, my ipad is sleeping, so the app quits by itself.

thx in advance for your advice 

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Torwoods,

While some delay is expected, 1-2 minutes is not normal behavior. Do you get the same behavior when streaming from a different device (laptop/pc) or does this only occur when using the ipad?

JamesC

mith_it
Apprentice
Apprentice

What is the "expected delay" that you mention? it's about 7 seconds for me.

I was also wondering why I can't get a more direct feed when I'm in the house or hooked on the same wifi router.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mith_it,

When a live stream is initiated the camera must communicate with the Arlo cloud. This results in a slight delay. While some environmental conditions play a part in this delay (poor internet speeds, poor WiFi signal strength etc.), 7 seconds is about average.

JamesC

ElonPJ
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a brand new camera and did a firmware update and I'm also seeing a 1mi tie plus delay on live stream. Unfortunately, this is the Arlo Baby and is a baby monitor so a 1minute delay on video stream is completely unacceptable!!! If anyone knows what's going on, please let me know.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Try resetting the Baby by removing it from your app and resync.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ElonPJ,

Are you streaming on a mobile device connected to mobile data or your home WiFi? Do you see the same behavior regardless of being connected to mobile data or WiFi?

JamesC