Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q purple tint

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Glenn_B
Follower
Follower

Have noticed that people have been having issues with the wire-free arlo's having tinting issues, but just recently my Arlo Q has been experiencing this problem.

I was able to fix it last night by unplugging the unit and plugging it back in, but the issue reoccured this morning. I can't keep doing the workaround as I'm not home all the time

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Contact Netgear directly thru support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Purple implies that the Q has low WiFi signal. That can be a bit misleading since we don't know exactly when the purple LED will light up. Is it possible that you're seeing the purple being reflected from something? I know the Pro wireless cameras won't have the problem since they don't use the IR cut filter that the original ones do but I haven't heard about the Q cameras. I suspect the Q also doesn't use it bug can't say for sure.

Does this happen during the day or only at night? Can you verify that the LED isn't showing purple? Maybe moving the camera a bit could help if it is the WiFi signal strength.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

J, I re read the OP, and I think he was talking about the actual picture, not the front LED being purple.

Morse is faster than texting!
nancya
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was having the same problem with the purple tint. I moved my camera away from the metal surface and now its back to normal.

DM300
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi - I have tried the listed resolutions (unplugging, moving away from metal, etc). Still purple. Anyone had success in having this replaced as a warranty issue?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Lots of folks. Just follow the solution posted here about opening a case.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Thinking about this, maybe not lots but the case is what's needed in any event.