Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting up

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ttmead
Tutor
Tutor

When I scan the QR code on my computer monitor, I get the chime, but it fails to connect and then I get a buzzer.  I only get the buzzer when trying to scan the QR code with my phone.  I don't understand why I would get the chime and then it fail to connect.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ttmead
Tutor
Tutor

I got it fixed.  The Arlo Q is sensitive to symbols in the wifi password and mine had a % sign that it would not accept.  Changed my password and camera is now setup.  Thanks for the help anyway. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Re-set the camera  ( hold in reset for about ten secs,till click and front led flashes )

Then try and sync again

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ttmead
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried that over and over with no luck

ttmead
Tutor
Tutor

I got it fixed.  The Arlo Q is sensitive to symbols in the wifi password and mine had a % sign that it would not accept.  Changed my password and camera is now setup.  Thanks for the help anyway. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Did u get a sw update..I thought this was ( special charactors ) was fixed in password

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately, if the camera had old firmware you'd still have to get rid of special characters to sync the camera so it could get the new firmware that addresses the issue.  And I'm not sure that the new firmware allows ALL special characters but I haven't seen a list of what's (dis)allowed.