Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Questions about baby monitor type settings for Arlo Q

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
alienz
Guide
Guide

I'm looking at getting a wifi security camera as a baby monitor, as many seem to advertise that it would suffice as one.  I had a few questions about that.

1. Do the alerts pop up on my phone as push notifications that I can customize sound/volume on?
  2. How does the sound triggered alerting work?  Can I set a threshold on the amount of noise needed to trigger the alert?  Between a train that goes by, my cat doing cat things, and my son slamming his feet a little, I don't want to get constant and unnecessary alerts.  I'd like to just get the alerts when my son genuinely is upset or crying.
  3. I've seen the Arlo Q is capable of creating zones.  Can I create a zone for my son's crib so that it focuses on movement within his crib?
  4. For the movement alerts, is it possible to set a threshold on those?  Everyone moves a bit in their sleep so I don't want to get alerts when my son just kicks his feet, moves his arm, or rolls a little.  I'd like to get alerts when he's fussy and wide awake moving around though.
  5. I can also set schedules for each of the alerts right?  We put my son to sleep at about 9-10pm and his music making thing plays music until about 10:30pm so I wouldn't want the thing alerting during that period or during the day.

I watched about 3 hours of videos today and did a good bit of searching but couldn't quite find the exact answers I was looking for.  Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) you can have pushes or emails or both

as to sounds, no not unless yr phone does that

2)mic sense level is adjustable  but any noise above threshold will set off

3)yes.. Q is pixel base motion detect and is pretty good

4) sense level is also adjustable for motion

5) you would need to create custom modes but yes....from 9 to 1030 run a mode with motion but No sound trigger, At 1030, have a mode with sound and motion

Mind that it will take some trial and error to get the sound/ motion triggers set properly as sometimes baby noise/ motion is normal ...sometimes not

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------