Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q No sound or talk on Mac Safari

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gildrush
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just setup my Arlo Q and upated firmware. All is fine except, no sound or talk in Mac Safari. I click on the microphone icon and a box pops up that says:

"Sorry; your browser does not support push-to-talk. Please use the latest version of Chrome or Firefox browser." I'm running El Capitan and latest Safari. Both features work in my IPhone. I've searched the Community but find nothing that helps. Any help?

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gildrush,

Have you tried Chrome or FireFox? Do you see the same behavior in those browsers?

JamesC

gildrush
Apprentice
Apprentice

I can get weak sound through Safari, but click on the microphone and a popup says talk not available in Safari. In Chrome I get sound and very weak spotty talk.  Talk works on my IPhone and IPad,but to be perfectly honest volume from the Arlo Q is so weak it's very difficult to hear it and I have speaker volume at 100%. I have excellent speeds and good signal strengths. Will Safari see support for this feature?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gildrush,

You will need to enable the microphone within the Safari browser in order to allow the Arlo web ui to utilize the mic feature.

JamesC

gildrush
Apprentice
Apprentice

As far as I can tell the mic is enabled. Again here's the popup i get when clicking on the mic icon: "Sorry; your browser does not support push-to-talk. Please use the latest version of Chrome or Firefox browser." I tried this on my dropcam (which I hope to replace w/Arlo) and it does work in Safari. I do appreciate your responses.

gildrush
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any more about a fix so 2 way talk will work in the Safari browser? The addition of Arlo Pro makes this even more desirable now.