Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
c_fuller
Tutor
Tutor

Q suddenly stopped working after many months of uninterrupted use.

Following the instructions I found on the website, I performed a reset of the camera and removed the camera from the app. But I am unable to add the camera back to the app.

After going through setup steps, the device does not appear and an audible (error style) tone is heard from the camera.

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you connecting to the same 2.4Ghz network your device/phone is on when setting up?

Do you have the latest version of the arlo mobile app installed?

You can also try performing a factory reset if this doesn't help. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ShayneS wrote:

Are you connecting to the same 2.4Ghz network your device/phone is on when setting up?

FWIW, the Q can connect to 5 Ghz.  But if you use the same network name for both bands, then it might be useful to try disabling your 5 Ghz network while onboarding 

c_fuller
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. Still after going through setup steps, the device does not appear and an audible (error style) tone is heard from the camera.

Replies…

Yes

> Do you have the latest version of the arlo mobile app installed?

Updated the app via the app store

> You can also try performing a factory reset if this doesn't help

Performed reset

c_fuller
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. Still after going through setup steps, the device does not appear and an audible (error style) tone is heard from the camera.

Replies…

FWIW, the Q can connect to 5 Ghz.  But if you use the same network name for both bands, then it might be useful to try disabling your 5 Ghz network while onboarding 

Disabled 5 Ghz network

c_fuller
Tutor
Tutor

I am still seeking help for this issue. Can anyone please help me to get this camera setup again? Thank you!

c_fuller
Tutor
Tutor

Anyone – I am still seeking help for this issue. Can someone please help me to get this camera setup again? Please help!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's certainly possible it's just a dead camera. However, you said you reset the camera - did you hold the button until the camera clicked and the LED started flashing amber?