Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Q cam acting up, Possible new SW

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Q cam acting a bit off last night....Discovered the IR light on ( usu off as it's against the window right now , to stop reflection  as it washes out the view.)

Looks like a new SW update ( not sure if official release as sometimes a small group get a field release first  but usu an email alerts first )

New version is 1.8.0-5551

Also, Noticed the led flashing at about 1am when coming home... purple which means wifi low signal.

Checked out online and found the Q cam went from Full wifi signal to 1 bar which was causing the flashing... no change on the wifi system/range here , wondering if the sw changes ( which seems to be ) is the cause as rest is status quo.

Only other answer is the wifi unit on Q going. ( reset no change but notice I had toggle on the IR, then off and save both times as on tho settings said off )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It appears the new release for the SW ( 1.8.0-5551 ) may be a pre release as i can see the possiblity of a new version to support the new Q Plus

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I replied in a PM but I've had issues recently with night vision turning on during recording, seemingly because of a bright light flashing onto the camera (headlights or brake lights).  I have an open trouble ticket on this.  However, it was with the previous firmware, 1.7.4_5517.  I've had other issues in the past with night vision turning on but not for a long time and the symptoms were different.  They used to be like you just reported - IR LEDs on even though selected to be off.  More recently, it was just during recording.  Unfortunately, due to the troubleshooting with support, I can't be sure what may have affected the issue since the camera has had the settings toggled, the camera has been restarted via software as well as power-cycled, a factory reset, etc.  I initially had an issue with the new firmware causing the schedule to not arm the cameras while selecting the modes worked fine but now that's all working fine.

???

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a PS... I wonder if the WIFI level was lowered in the SW re lowered signal to my router

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not that I can tell but...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It appears the new release for the SW ( 1.8.0-5551 ) may be a pre release as i can see the possiblity of a new version to support the new Q Plus

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

This is one of those times when I really want the ability to revert back to a previous version of SW.

With the USB port, it should be easy to run a loader and various versions of SW to dump into the cameras

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Still having issues? No problems here but have reset and twiddled night vision settings. With the reset I obviously had to regenerate my modes and schedule.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jguerdat wrote:

Still having issues? No problems here but have reset and twiddled night vision settings. With the reset I obviously had to regenerate my modes and schedule.

Still acting a bit off... IR lights now stable after a few resets and toggle/save routine.

Power level from Q still off and the only change was SW update.  Really want to put the old version on to see the changes