Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
JNeumann
Follower
Follower

My Arlo Q camera shows a red/pink image, I've tried to turn it off for hours! but it remains to be pink colored, 

any idea what to do otherwise

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support for faulty hardware:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

SuperSnail
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same problem with one of my Arlo Pros.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SuperSnail

Have you tried to reboot the camera by removing the battery > re-inserting it?

PinkCamera
Initiate
Initiate
Tried to request a warranty replacement for my Arlo camera with a red/pink screen. They refused to acknowledge there was a problem.
TVMADoc
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue.  The voice chat tech INSISTED that I remove it from the network and reinstall.  (I had already tried powering it off by unplugging the cord several times-for even up to several hous).  I didn't see the point, and wasn't at home at the time, but he wouldn't proceed any further until I did it.

I got home tonight and removed it from my netowrk and now it refuses to reconnect.  I constantly get a "no Arlo deivce" error.  Getting the run around on the phone lines.  If I had known that the customer service would be this bad I would have stayed away from ALL Netgear products.  

Fonz68
Tutor
Tutor

I have exactly same red/pink image with Arlo Q (VMC3040r6)

Cam bought brand new, and installed first time in May 2019.

(I have also 4 Arlo Pro 1, with actually no tint problem). 

- all reset, unpowered, removed from base station, reboot….. useless !

- it seems IR layer material defect.... red/pink color always returns after short period

@ PinkCamera

Just succeed in opening a case number (after many attempt on the Swiss website with error to send message !). 

Will see if Arlo Support answer will refuse as they did with you to acknowledge there is a production control concern using poor internal component quality (reduce cost is all) or if they will accept to replace my defect product during my warranty period.

@ TVMADoc

I became crazy too with this « No Arlo device » error using mobile and at 30cm from station….. till I tried on iMac.. it works fluently and in few seconds! No tried on pc yet... maybe Arlo Q will finish to bin before and be replaced with other brand if I am not satisfied with Support answer. I am too old to still spend time playing with low cost component security toy gadget...

Jbtopps
Tutor
Tutor
What’s the fix for the red screen
Jbtopps
Tutor
Tutor
Anyone know the fix for the red screen. Good god I see all the same issues even where it says solved but still can’t find the answer. Rediculous how hard it is to get anything done on here
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As has been stated many times here, hardware problems can't be solved by a user forum. Open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Fonz68
Tutor
Tutor

The fix for the Red/Pink image issue was simple : 

- open ticket ? really ? (it does not work in Switzerland if you do not speak german... based on my personal experience)

- it's hardware defect with IR layer !... reboot, remove, reset, ..  all that is useless and it will never resolve an hardware issue

=> I used warranty of my shop reseller : return back defect camera ... exchange with a new model

New camera works perfectly as a charm ! 

This is the only possible working workaround. 

jeffP48
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi... I have had the same problem on an intermittant basis. I merely switch the unit off, take the batteries out, wait for a few seconds and then reinsert the batteries. Once it it synced with the unit it seems to work normally again.

Jeff

Fonz68
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, yes it works again just for a while... but pink will returns soon (my personal experience). You can infinite play this game.

For me a camera you buy should work as promised.  I did choose option to use warranty and customer satisfaction.

Arlo Q has no battery 😉

Peza
Initiate
Initiate

Fix Pink screen on Arlo Q camera.
This worked for me. Delete the camera in your app and reset the camera by using the reset button on your camera. Set up the camera again, just as you did when it was new by following the app's intrusion and hopefully your camera will be back to normal. cross your fingers that it will help you too, or maybe I was just lucky ...!