Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
McD5
Tutor
Tutor

I have an Arlo Q and an Arlo Pro. Both have worked fine for the past five years. For no apparent reason, I can no longer log into the mobile Arlo app on my phone. I get a message saying "invalid email address." I can log on using my computer, and people I've shared the camera with can log on with their devices, but I can't. I've tried restarting the phone, rebooting the camera, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, changing to a different email address, all to no avail. I tried to set up a new account, but the app recognized that my account already existed (even though it wouldn't let me log on). I attempted to change the wifi network for my camera but when I tried that (using my PC), I got a message that the camera couldn't be found -- even though I was able to view the camera live on the same PC (and the PC was connected to the same wifi network the Arlo Q was connected to). I've run out of troubleshooting ideas. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
McD5
Tutor
Tutor
Problem solved. All I had to do was enter my email manually. Apparently using autofill (which used to work fine) created an extra space before or after the email address, causing the Arlo system to reject it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo mobile app are you using as well as OS on your mobile device? Is everything up to date on the latest version? 

darkgreystar
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same problem. I'm using an Android. Everything is up to date. I, too, did the same as you, and had no success.
darkgreystar
Aspirant
Aspirant
FWIW, I'm able to log back in now. Not sure when this started for you, but I was locked out of my account since March 4, but noticed connectivity issues with the app about a week prior.
McD5
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo Technologies Inc app. Phone is a Pixel 4a running Android 12. Updates are automatic.
McD5
Tutor
Tutor
Interesting. I had no issues at all. It was working earlier in the day and then I was suddenly kicked out. I'd been using the system with the same phone for years.
McD5
Tutor
Tutor
Problem solved. All I had to do was enter my email manually. Apparently using autofill (which used to work fine) created an extra space before or after the email address, causing the Arlo system to reject it.