Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation
jollyblackburn
Follower
Follower

Last 24 hours I can't log in to view my camera. I get a message saying I'm logged in on another device. I'm not. I've rebooted every device. How can I fix this?

11 REPLIES 11
johnlib
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same Issue using any web browser My Androis App says devices off line although all Green lights on Base station.

brh
Master
Master

@jollyblackburn

What apps/computer IDEs arey you logging in on?

In Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge you must delete your Arlo cookies. I just went ahead and cleaned out all of my browsing history.

Ios app required me to log back in.

Android, - there are several solutions in the different threads today, but since I am on ios, I can't help you too much. I believe the people were having to either delete the app and reload or at least update it.

Brian

dfjkl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same issue.  I can login to the app, but the website keeps redirecting me to "otherTabs" instead of logging me in.

I'm already annoyed that I can't be logged into the app and browser at the same time.  The timeout on logins was already ridiculously short.  Now it's just gotten worse making things almost unusable.  This is getting bad.

Matchpoint
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am able to login with my phone on android but I am not able to login in my pc, I am getting this message:

"You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to login again."

I can usually login on my pc without any problem, this situation also happened before maybe 4 weeks ago, I know that this an Arlo issue.

brh
Master
Master

@Matchpoint

You are correct, it did happen a few weeks ago. In both cases they were doing some web updates. You need to follow the same things you did last time to fix it. You must delete all the Arlo cookies. I just cleaned out all of my browsing history including cookes starting from day 1. That did it for me.

Brian

mccarthgrp
Tutor
Tutor

I also cannot log-in to all my Arlo cameras with the following response - "Logged into Netgear Arlo in a different browser, etc." Deleted cookies, restarted browser - All to no avail. Can someone at Netgear Arlo solve problem?

Thanks,  Mccarthgrp

cucme
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem but I am able to log int using my phone or iPad. I have cleared the cache but that doesn't seem to help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing an issue logging in, if using google Chrome try pasting this in your url bar and then click "Remove All":

chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com

If using Firefox, follow the instructions listed here: How to clear the Firefox cache

If using the mobile app, check the app store and be sure you have the latest version available downloaded and installed.

You should then be able to log in.

JamesC

johnlib
Tutor
Tutor

I've tried all recommendations with clearing Cache and cookies have the latest app and nothing worked.  I had to remove the base station as a device and then add again and reinstall all my cameras. PIA but it's now working.  My only existing issues are I have to put a password in the Android app everytime I open it and if I log in on the web it disconnects the app and vice versa. Is there a way to always be signed in on the app and be able to view from multiple devices?  This seems to have started recently as I never had this issue before.

av53
Guide
Guide
Hi James. I am still getting a message to log out that my session has expired. There is no way to login except rebooting my device. I just downloaded the latest app version. Can you help please. Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's just a workaround but you can force close the app in the phone settings and then log in.