Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ds2017
Tutor
Tutor

I got a new Arlo Q today and set it up and it was working with no known problems. Then I went to Settings and saw a red letter note to "update firmware". I did that and it went offline!

Now it will not reconnect. I can get to the OCR and it chimes. Then about 20 seconds later I get the reject buzzer and a message to try again. I have a PC laptop computer and four older standard Arlo cameras are working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ds2017
Tutor
Tutor

I just now called support on the phone. The tech person was excellent. My Arlo Q is working fine now. He had me reset the camera (which I had tried before). This time I waited 20 minutes to let firmware update. The "Update in Progress" pop-up box did not ever go away on it's own. Arlo does need to have a pop-up box that says "Update Complete".  Thanks, David Stephens

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Streak2
Master Master
Master

You may have to try and reset it. Press the reset button until the camera clicks and the LED flashes amber. 

Then try and sync again.

ds2017
Tutor
Tutor

I tried the re-set on the Arlo Q. I heard it click after about 15 seconds and then it amber flashed again. I restarted router, computer and camera. Still getting the bad buzzer after the OCR chime.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Just make sure that the phone/computer you are using to set it up is on the same network that you're trying to connect the camera to.

Failing all of this I would look at having the camera replaced or contacting support.

Possible that something got screwed up during the update.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/

ds2017
Tutor
Tutor

Later today I got the Pro 2 (VMB4000) and two Arlo Pro 2 cameras. The base station is working because I have one new Arlo Pro 2 camera working, plus two three-year old plain Arlo cameras working. I am still unable to get the brand new Arlo Q camera to work. I did have it working shortly until I tried to update the firm ware as required in the pop-up box on the initial camera image.  Maybe I accidently cut off the update. Both this laptop and the base and the Arlo Q are on the same network. 

Also, on my devices I am showing two base stations but only one shows a red dot showing it's on. I did delete the old original base station that was three years old. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe I accidently cut off the update. 

If that has happened , it may be bricked... contact Arlo support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ds2017
Tutor
Tutor

I just now called support on the phone. The tech person was excellent. My Arlo Q is working fine now. He had me reset the camera (which I had tried before). This time I waited 20 minutes to let firmware update. The "Update in Progress" pop-up box did not ever go away on it's own. Arlo does need to have a pop-up box that says "Update Complete".  Thanks, David Stephens