Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Starlike707
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased the Arlo Q camera. I love the camera and its great features but I don't want to purchase the add on Arlo "wireless" camera. I really don't want to deal with batteries and it's lower resolution. Everywhere there is information about running the wired and wirless Arlos together. But no where can I find out information about running just 2 Arlo Q cameras together only. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Same thing.  You can certainly run any combination you wish.  The only fly in the ointment is that you can't combine multiple Q cameras (or wireless cameras on different base stations, for that matter) into your modes and rules.  Each must be unto itself for detection and recording so no using detection on one to trigger recording on the other.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Same thing.  You can certainly run any combination you wish.  The only fly in the ointment is that you can't combine multiple Q cameras (or wireless cameras on different base stations, for that matter) into your modes and rules.  Each must be unto itself for detection and recording so no using detection on one to trigger recording on the other.

Starlike707
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you jguerdat for your answer!

calipers
Initiate
Initiate

It would be nice to be able to turn on one camera with a motion detection from another camera, because there is a delay between when the motion is detected and when the video recording is activated. This way in my driveway I will see the car or whatever passed the first camera in the next camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can already do that.  Edit your modes and add rules to use one camera to record after another detects.

Edit: OOPS!  This was a Q camera question - soryy about that.  Add kudos here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Integrate-Q-to-be-used-in-a-mode-with-wireless-c...

This capability would likely allow the Q cameras to interoperate with each other.  Submit your own suggestion if you feel that mine is not what you're after.

Starlike707
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!