Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting up Arlo Q, Model number VMC3040

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
yKrApS1602
Aspirant
Aspirant

As my Router SSID must only include alphanumeric characters I have had to use 5GHz and change the 5GHz wireless SSID. (I have other wireless equipment set up for 2.4GHz which includes a non-alphanumeric SSID set up automatically by my router).

I have successfuly setup and accessed the camera and can view the display on my PC screen on which the QR code appears to assist setting up.. When I move the camera to the desired location, where there is no PC screen, do I have to set it up again using the QR code on a Smartphone, or another monitor, or can I access the camera, based on the initial setup using my PC monitor (which displays the QR code) as part of the initial setup.

I hope I have made myself clear. The latest firmware is installed. OS is Windows 7, 64Bit. Thanks in advance for your advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yKrApS1602
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi jguerdat.

Many thanks for your quick and excellent advice. The system now all works OK.

I have used a Netgear dual band extender using both bands simultaneously: the 2.4GHz band for the Laptops/PCs and the 5GHz band for the VMC3040 - using  a new SSID containing only alphanumerics.

Best regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no reason to have to reconnect unless the network itself is changed. So, simply moving the camera to a different location in your house won't matter.

SpArKy1936
Aspirant
Aspirant

The reason it did not work was that the camera was out of range. Moving it nearer the router made it work. As I want the camera to work further away from the router, I have added a netgear dual range extender which will work at 5GHz. However, this now changes the original SSID which now contains non alphanumeric characters, so the camera does not work.

Any suggestions, please.

Regards,

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have an extender and I can change the SSID with no issue. Have you stepped through the config pages to see if you can?

yKrApS1602
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi jguerdat.

Many thanks for your quick and excellent advice. The system now all works OK.

I have used a Netgear dual band extender using both bands simultaneously: the 2.4GHz band for the Laptops/PCs and the 5GHz band for the VMC3040 - using  a new SSID containing only alphanumerics.

Best regards