Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can not connect with internet despite much trouble shooting.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
earthwalker
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Q quit working, despite having internet with all other devices.  I have deleted and reinstalled most recent app, checked with my internet provider to see if there are any problems with the system, and no deleted the devise and tried to reinstall.  Now it will not even pair.  I can go all the way to trying to have the internet paid the device and Arlo says no devise found. 

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @earthwalker

Have you tried to factory reset the camera & test again?

earthwalker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I did reset it and still I could get the camera to follow all the procedures except pair with the internet.  It is interesting to note that Arlo's new version came out the same time my camera went down.  I wonder if it is a way to off load  or not support all the older products.  Basically I have a two hundred dollar worthless camera right now if I can't get it  acknowledged by the internet. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Conspiracy theories get us no place. All of my oldest cameras, including my Q, work fine.

How old is this camera? When you reset, did you hold the button until the camera clicked and the LED flashed amber? Exactly what procedure are you using and what do you see?

earthwalker
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am following the procedures outlined in the online manual for this model.  I did reset and it DID NOT blink amber again but remained a solid blue light.  The camera works to read the CR code so I can get to that step but nothing thereafter.  The camera was working fine until the recent update to the Arlo app approximately two weeks ago.I figure it has something to do with that and this model (Arlo Q 3040)is older and perhaps has aged out of Arlo App support.  

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

My Q camera from the first release still works fine, so that's not it.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mine is also very old and still working. There would be an announcement if support was being dropped.

How long did you hold the reset button? It has to be at least 10 seconds for the reset to happen. If you did that and still had the same results you have a hardware problem. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if they have suggestions but if the hardware has failed out of warranty the camera is toast.

earthwalker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your responses.  Yes, I believe the camera is toast.  I held the reset button for 30 seconds and still nothing.  My camera can take a picture of the QR code but evidently lost the ability to connect to my router.