Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help with Arlo Q streaming via Google Home to Chromecast

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a mix of original Arlo 720p, Arlo Pro and Arlo Q cameras and have recently set them up on my Google Home Android app to work via my Google Nest Mini.

I can get all my cameras to stream to my Chromecast via my voice commands with no problems except my Arlo Q camera. It just won't do it.

It receives the instruction and looks to start the stream as all the others do, but then it stops and just displays the message "The camera stream cannot be played right now".

I have tried changing the settings to both 50Hz and 60Hz in both Chromecast and the Arlo app but that doesn't make any difference.

All my other cameras work fine, it's just the Arlo Q will not stream and gives that message.

My Arlo Q works fine in my Arlo app and it also works fine in my Google Home app if I just click on it, I get the live feed on my Android phone, it just won't stream to the Chromecast like the other cameras will.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support