Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera speaker is disabled

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
ArloQ_FAQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Brand new Arlo Q.

Firmware updated out of the box as of today. 

Downloaded the iphone app as of today. 

When I try and access the microphone to test the 2 way talk I get red text showing " Camera Speaker is disabled, Go to camera Settings to Enable".

Only.....I have, and it is enabled.... (tried this through the app and a browser via laptop) 

Ive tested 2 way throgh a webbrowser and it works, I can both hear audio and press the mic button to speak and it works. 

So my issue appears with the iphone app.

Iphone 6plus, app downloaded today.

Latest firmware on both ArloQ and my phone. 

Ive tried resatarting the app, tried changing wifi networks on the camera, tried changing network on my phone, wifi, LTE etc.

Tried restarting the camera.

Not having much luck please help

32 REPLIES 32
Noriega360
Tutor
Tutor
@JamesC, the phone was and it is not on the "mute" position with the button on the top left side of the phone. I tried it anyways just in case and it hasnt resolved anything.

@mzlakhani1 In this generation of non stop technology releases at such speeds it is highly likely that products will need to be worked on constantly with software updates and firmware for its hardware. This will happen much nowadays, but because this is such an expensive product depending on how big a home is, how many cameras you need, you have to pay monthly fees for ownership of over five $169-$199 price tag cameras, and the hub, I am in fact expecting a faster turnaround for solving issues like this when it does involve security, no matter how small that issue is. Thanks for the support.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mzlakhani1, Noriega360

If after reinstalling the mobile app and logging out and logging back in you are still experiencing this issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Enviroman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree with the consensus just installed my new unit yesterday.  Followed all the advice here but my microphone is still disabled. How many "tickets" does Arlo need to address this issue promptly? Luckily I have my reciept and can return it for the "Ring" Securtiy system where I know the two way function works.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Enviroman,

Check your iOS settings to make sure permissions for the device microphone are enabled for the Arlo app.

JamesC

wilco
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep, tried everything suggested multiple time with the same result, unless I can resolve this in 24 hours then I'm swapping it for something that works, and posting my poor feedback wherever I can, for over aud$300 I expect issues that like to not happen and if they do be resolved very quickly, this issue dates back months and all support ever does are to regurgitate the same answers .

poor product

worse support

lost customers mers

ikingg
Tutor
Tutor

Tried everything in this thread, latet OS, latesr App build, latest firmware.

Still not working.

ECOPE
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did a setup of an ArloQ tonight and experienced the sames issues with the speaker as everyone else describes here.

As I was trying to work through the issue, I looked down to find that my Iphone had shutdown.  After doing a hard reset (holding down sleep/wake and home button for 10 seconds) the phone powered up, I logged in to the app and the speaker function now works.  I don't have any idea what caused the shutdown to begin with, but glad it now works!

Hope this helps with others.

wilco
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks..tried that as well...didn't help glad it helped you however.

if I had bought a fridge that wouldn't cool down I'd be pretty unhappy by now and the manufacturer would be out of busIness.WHERE ARE YOU NETGEAR