Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera speaker is disabled

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
ArloQ_FAQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Brand new Arlo Q.

Firmware updated out of the box as of today. 

Downloaded the iphone app as of today. 

When I try and access the microphone to test the 2 way talk I get red text showing " Camera Speaker is disabled, Go to camera Settings to Enable".

Only.....I have, and it is enabled.... (tried this through the app and a browser via laptop) 

Ive tested 2 way throgh a webbrowser and it works, I can both hear audio and press the mic button to speak and it works. 

So my issue appears with the iphone app.

Iphone 6plus, app downloaded today.

Latest firmware on both ArloQ and my phone. 

Ive tried resatarting the app, tried changing wifi networks on the camera, tried changing network on my phone, wifi, LTE etc.

Tried restarting the camera.

Not having much luck please help

32 REPLIES 32
ArloQ_FAQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

For what its worth, on my iphone looking under the microphone settings in privacy I do NOT see the arlo app listed meaning it has not requested access to the microphone

ArloQ_FAQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_1699.PNG

IMG_1700.PNG

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

In the APP settings on the iphone ( not Arlo system ) is there a setting to grant usage of the mic for the app ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ArloQ_FAQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply,

I mentioned in my second post;

For what its worth, on my iphone looking under the microphone settings in privacy I do NOT see the arlo app listed meaning it has not requested access to the microphone

That said, unless the app is requesting access I dont see a way to add it I can only approve or disapprove a request coming from the app.

As a general update to this thread (still not working) ive also tried;

• hard reseeting the camera
  • rebooting phone
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Well... running Ipad here on os 9.3.5 and App version 2.4.0

I find the mic listed under PRIVACY with the normal toggle ( which is why I mentioned that )

BUT, also under tha APPS/ARLO (allow access to Arlo ) there is a toggle for the MIC to turn on/off... have you checked to see is that is ON?

ipad.JPG

ArloQ_FAQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunatly dont see that on an iphone, here are screen grabs of both privacy settings and arlo settings in ios

IMG_1705.PNG

IMG_1704.PNG

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Well, I guess your running the newer IOS? 

Put in a trouble report to Netgear here... https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

ArloQ_FAQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a ticket in with them since day 1, so far zero solution

Ducky007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue. Annoying.
ArloQ_FAQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I suggest you log a ticket with support, there telling me im the only one to have this issue. 

What network are you with? That was the last question they had for me.

Ducky007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ducky007
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was able to get it working. Even Thiago the app says the setting is disabled, try holding down the green microphone button anyway. The app will prompt for microphone security access. Once granted you can talk.
ArloQ_FAQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Support suggest that which I tried, when I release the button it still comes up with the RED text but it does not prompt for mic access and is still not listed in the privacy settings under ios

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS app is now available. Please make sure you update to the latest version from the App Store. See here for details: Release Notes - iOS App 2.4.1 - 24th May 2017

JamesC

Slickvic621
Aspirant
Aspirant
2.4.1 installed, still an issue - no way to enable here. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with turning on that microphone access on a previous iOS app install, and the arlo account still thinking you're logged in under that device, with access granted. I had previously enabled microphone acces on another device, but under the new device, it doesn't give me the option to grant access, no matter what I try. This is an iOS API call issue within the app development. The app developers will need to fix.
caldwell2sa
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue! FIX THIS!!!!!

nwccwh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Spoke to support this morning (6/5/2017) and there is a 'known issue' for users on T-Mobile with iPhone 7/+ and they're working on a fix - something about push-to-talk functionality.

ArloQ_FAQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well im on verizon and have also tested with AT&T so id say Netgear dont really have any answers. 

Ive got nowhere with mine and now im out side of the 15 day return window from bestbuy, who has only 15 days as a return policy, whats happening best buy?

Timleemac
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem.  Bought cameras/base station kit today from Costco.  Updated cam and basestation firmware to most current (as of June 15, 2017). Have latest app (2.4.2) on iPad and iPhone 6, both with latest iOS update.  Cameras and in-cam microphones work great. But I cannot see nor find a microphone button anywhere in order to speak through the camera speakers.  I've checked all settings as described in this thread on both the iOS settings as well as Arlo settings.  Mikes are enabled but none of the device screens shows a microphone button. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Timeleemac,

Engineering has deployed a fix that should resolve this issue. Users may need to log out and log back in to their iOS app before they will see fix.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues with the microphone icon when live streaming using the Arlo iOS mobile app.

JamesC

Timleemac
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!  I did as you suggested and it works!

Noriega360
Tutor
Tutor
Just happened to google search this issue because I noticed it today when charging batteries. Found out after reviewing this forum FAQ that ArloQ_FAQ and I are having the exact same issue. Ive checked every single screen on my phone as the ones he depicts on his screenshots and they all match the issue. I tried every single possible trouble shoot mentioned in this forum down to the last suggestion from the Moderator, to log out and back in. No such issue resolved. Come On NetGear! We have showered you with hundreds of dollara for each camera and Hubs. Lets get this fixed. This is security we arw talking about afterall, not a video game bug...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Noriega360,

Is the mute switch enabled on your iOS device? (the physical mute switch located on the side of the phone).

If so, toggle the switch and test. Do you still see the same error message?

JamesC

mzlakhani1
Initiate
Initiate

Agree with Noriega!! I've had so many issues with the software after spending hundreds of dollars. We should have a product that works almost flawlessly. 

Seems like everytime I update to the new iOS software, Netgar is super slow in releasing an update for the ARLO app to try and keep up with iOS products. 

Now I tried updating the Arlo app, only to find that the microphone gives me the same error message as mentioned above. I've tried all the recommendations above and NOTHING is working. I'm not putting in another ticket as the last time I had a heated discussiont with a rep. that tried to say it was my fault my camera audio was not owkring.

PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!