Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dirkhpunto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have 4 units, and I was initially able to connect all of them.

After deleting one of the units from my account, I am not able to reconnect it. The setup is stuck at the QR Code.

I have tried:

- multiple devices to read from (including Laptop)

- factory reset

- deleting and re-adding the other units, and there were no problems

- even had a technician from the internet provider come over to confirm that there are no connectivity issues.

Need to solve this rather urgently.

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The QR code is the info as to your wifi system the Q is going to link into...

verify that the SSID and the password are 100% correct when entered before the code appears. Also are you running some form of security?

( there use to be a bug with non-standard charactors in the password, but pretty sure that was fixed a while ago )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, try logging out and back in. Sometimes it seems like it's not connected but it really is.

Dirkhpunto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dirkhpunto
Aspirant
Aspirant

In case anyone cares (Arlo Support?), the update is that I actually have been able to connect the cam now with QR code, but the device continued to act up:

- it didn't show up at all in the main screen but the videos were showing up in the library, so although it seemed to be working,  I was not able to livestream

- then the camera would show up, but as not connected, and I get Motion detected push notifications on my phone, although I don't see anything in the library anymore.

This led me to remove the camera, and now I'm back at step 1, camera doesn't recognize the QR code... very very frustrating

Dirkhpunto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dirkhpunto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, but this doesn't solve my problem unfortunatelly.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try using a computer browser - this can sometimes help. You did remove the camera from Settings, My Devices, right? Have you also tried the reset button until the LED flashes amber?