Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Chenit
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. I had power and then internet problems z couple of momths ago, so was having issues with my Arlo Q losing connection.
After trying different advice from my other threads, I removed my camera from the account intending on adding againstraight away.
Problem now is that my Q will not recognise.
Initially i had the slow flashing purple light but after a reset and reboot, this still us the default light that shows after each restart.
The router is less than 2 meters away in the same room and signal strength is strong.
I seem to be totally unable to get the slow amber light needed after reset, so cannot progress through setup.
(As a note the camera can be heard changing from day to night vision etc as expected)
4 REPLIES 4
Chenit
Aspirant
Aspirant
As a further note, the camera is showing on the router as connected
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Chenit,

Try factory resetting the camera by pressing and holding the reset button until the camera reboots. Allow the camera to come back online and then attempt the claiming process again.

JamesC

Chenit
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks James. I havd tried this a couple of times and this has now displayed the ambsr light which is progress.
When i try to sync to my network with the qr code it just continues to flash with the steady blue light. Neither the buzz oe beep are given....

The router still recognises the camera as already connected.

Any thoughts...?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Chenit,

Have you tried going through the claiming process using a different device (for example if you're using a mobile device, try using a PC on the same network). Do you see any difference in behavior?

JamesC