Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
deville1975
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo Q has been working flawlessly for many years, until one day recently  it just didnt show video within the App nor would it connect as a new device after deleting it.

I have tried following steps but I am still unable to connect;

- unplugged/replugged the power (multiple times)

- factory reset (button for 10 seconds and wait for restart)

- tried to connect to an alternative wifi network

- restarted router

Any ideas or anything I have missed?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you also remove the Q from Settings, My Devices after using the reset button? What do you see from the LED as well as results from the QR code?

deville1975
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, yes the camera is no longer in the device list under settings. I can progress through to the QR code fine, it times out however and it makes a buzz (negative) sound. Mainly blinking orange apart from blue when trying to connect.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do the SSID and passphrase have any non-alphanumeric characters? Recent firmware should have fixed most of that as an issue but it depends on what you use and what's allowed. Also, it seems to work better if the device you're using to set up the Q is on the same SSID. It's also possible that use of a single SSID for both 2.4and 5GHz can be a problem - use separate SSIDs for each frequency until the camera is connected.

deville1975
Tutor
Tutor

hi,

Do the SSID and passphrase have any non-alphanumeric characters? - No, nothing has changed on the network either

Also, it seems to work better if the device you're using to set up the Q is on the same SSID - it is, I run a Google wifi mesh and everything is on one SSID

It's also possible that use of a single SSID for both 2.4and 5GHz can be a problem - use separate SSIDs for each frequency until the camera is connected - I have no idea how to do that, why would this effect the Arlo Q and not my Arlo Baby?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it may be possible to separate SSIDs, it would seem to be a less than useful task. Since the Baby camera works fine, it would seem that the Q should, too, although there's obviously different firmware.

Hae you tried both the app as well as a computer browser to connect? Sometimes one works better than the other although I don't know why. If still no success, I would open a case with support for other solutions. It sounds like the camera is out of warranty so you won't be able to get an RMA but maybe they have steps that would help:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx