Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q - cannot connect to talk but can see and hear.

Discussion stats
krinks
Follower
Follower

I just purchased the camera and set it up yesterday. Can see the area from the camera perfectly and hear what is happening clearly on my iphone, but cannot get the microphone to work. All settings appear to be proper, but when I press on the microphone it says "connecting" and never connects.

Don't know if I am doing something wrong or if it is the connection or the camera. Firmware updated as soon as I plugged the camera in.

38 REPLIES 38
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the app granted permissions to use the phne's mic?

homeforus
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the record, Netgear has known about this problem FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS and still hasn't gotten around to fixing it. Meanwhile every other camera maker out there offers this feature flawlessly. They still haven't fixed it, even with the latest firmware. Really close to saying I'm never buying another Netgear product. I had to return serveral of their routers last year. Why can't you guys get it together? 

Fareastcharm
Aspirant
Aspirant
The same thing is happening with my device. Just got it today and all set up. Camera works great but the push to talk feature is not working. It just keeps saying connecting, and doesn't allow for me to press the icon to talk. I am connected to Wi-Fi, and the app is granted permission to use my microphone. The app and camera are updated already. I have a T-mobile Android phone. Anyone figure this out yet?
knh1907
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just tried to connect up today withing a Samsung S 8+. Can hear sound from camera but I cannot communicate through my phone to the camera.

Fareastcharm
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also am finding difficulty setting up applets in IFTTT. Program is having a hard time finding my Arlo device. Anyone else experiencing any issues?
homeforus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just in the last couple days I’ve tested push to talk and it’s started working. I haven’t tested it for performance but it at least appears to connect fine over LTE as it would always connect over WiFi. Firmware version ends with 16305. I’m using iPhone 7 over T-Mobile. It had not been working at least since last summer. Check my earlier messages in this thread.
DougMcMahan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has there been a fix issued for this yet (Arlo Q - cannot connect to talk but can see and hear)?  Tried from my PC as recommended and doesn't work that way either.  Please help NetGear/Arlo!!!  Thanks

DM

DS-MS
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have same type of problem.  1 camera connects to my iphone for mic feature.  the other never connects.  same network. same firmware.  most likely defective camera and poor design.  AT&T network.  netgear router/wifi

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If it works on one but not the other, it doesn't seem like a design issue. Any hardware problems require opening a case with support here.

arlowolfert
Aspirant
Aspirant
The last answer I saw on this problem was that NETGEAR was working on the problem. Any resolution yet?
Drancourt584
Initiate
Initiate
I’ve tried everything and the Arlo Q microphone will not work.
Nateveli
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have this same issue now, while I didn’t before. I an using an iphone X on wifi with firmware 1.8.3.2_17494. When I hold the mic icon, the sound goes away for me, but the people on the other side of the camera can’t here me. Access has been granted to the mic in the iphone and arlo settings. WTF!?
bikegear
Luminary
Luminary

If your iPhone is on ios 11.3 that is the problem. There is another ongoing thread about this. Netgear support is aware and hopefully a fix will be forthcoming soon. All other functions work properly but currently push to talk is disabled in 11.3.

Nateveli
Aspirant
Aspirant
Awesome, thanks for the reply