Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Menard
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have Arlo Q camera, and since i do my app update on my iPhone 6, i can't zoom more then 2x! It's a bug ?
72 REPLIES 72
Biddy-r
Star
Star

Known bug, nothing to resolve on the last update, been told engineering are looking at it several times now, still we await resolve.  Very slow, very poor customer service, not good 🤕

dvegas
Guide
Guide

I have the same problem with zoom on iOS.  Support gave me the run around, making me attach screen pics and information about this problem, when they already knew it existed.  I am pretty upset that this feature has been taken away.  I started with 2 cameras and bought 5 more after I liked the service.  Unfortunately after this "bug" most of the cameras are useless since I cant zoom more than 2x. 

PLEASE FIX THIS ALREADY.  This is not a small issue, it severely compromises the usefulness of these cameras.

Biddy-r
Star
Star

Another app update this morning, has this bug now been fixed.

NOoooooooooooo 

Still the zoom is 2x only !!!!!!!!!!

dvegas
Guide
Guide

Yeah, they updated the app, but still haven't fixed the zoom.  This has been going on for several months already.  How about fixing it for us?  It is ridiculous that you have taken a key feature away from these product.  WIthout the zoom, my cameras are almost worthless.

jdb_
Apprentice
Apprentice
I also raised a support case for this back on the 3rd of May. Two app updates and a month and a half later and still no fix. For what is supposed to be a premium product and service my support experiences have been terrible!
Gillaturtle
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,

Any progress on resolving this issue? just purchased the arlo 2 last Saturday - features mentioned 8x zoom but the app only allows up to 2x... This is one of reasons why i bought the arlo q.

I presume a rep from Netgear is monitoring this thread - Hence, update please?

Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is still investigating this issue. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Gillaturtle
Initiate
Initiate

JamesC

Thanks. I've noticed yesterday that the app on IOS now allows zoom up to 3X. Looking forward for the 8X zoom!

Thanks.

Biddy-r
Star
Star
It been 7 weeks since this was reported may 5th. Engineering investigating is no longer adequate, please have this escalated for resolve. Waited long enough, I will be returning my Arlo for refund due faulty, not working as advertised and purchasing elsewhere In 7 days time if this is not resolved.
Pinkpeony
Initiate
Initiate

I am also considering returning mine.  It was excellent as a baby monitor.  I could view them while away from the house and also zoom in to check respirations and if their faces were covered.  Now with the 2x zoom, it's pretty worthless.  I'm new to this forum.  How to we get things escalated?

Rbroldan0507
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here, when is this going to be resolved
mith_it
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still waiting for a fix for this. My wife has the old app and can happily zoom up to 8x, while I am stuck with 2x.

For what it's worth, on iOS, if you stay in the overview page (when you open the app) you can actually zoom in 3x!!

Really hoping Netgear fixes this issue, it's really disappointing. Who needs 1080p if I can't zoom in to see the details?

goodt
Initiate
Initiate

I returned my Arlo q. After talking to customer service on the phone and over e-mail with responses from 4 different people in the past week, all of them said we are aware of the zoom issue but absolutely refused to answer when an update would be available, or if they were actually fixing it. I asked if the product was being discontinued and they also did not answer. Tech companies that are working on app fixes usually have a scheduled release date and are happy to inform their customers.

jdb_
Apprentice
Apprentice
I spoke to support last week and got nothing more than 'there is no update from engineering, we'll call you back again in 2 days'.

Needless to say it's been over a week since then, no call. Over 3 months since the issue was first raised. Clear cause communicated by multiple users (the IOS app update) but it would seem engineering cannot diff the code between versions and fix the issue. That or they are choosing not to. Either way Netgear support is showing complete contempt for their customers.
Biddy-r
Star
Star
Leave an App Store review as is appropriate
DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired

We're told that the magnification level is the same, however the label (2x for Portrait Mode, 3x for Landscape Mode) has changed. Can anyone confirm this please?

jdb_
Apprentice
Apprentice
Tested using the same Arlo Q from my IOS device running version 2.4.3 of your app vs my wife's running 2.3.3 and there is a significant difference in the picture zoomed 2x on my device vs 8x on my wife.

In short Daniel, you haven't been told the truth. I'd suggest given the versions and other information supplied by your users in this thread that you first replicate the issue and report back.
jdb_
Apprentice
Apprentice
Another month has past with no update or fix from Netgear. Has anyone heard anything??
Biddy-r
Star
Star
Online Chat was told Netgear are aware but don't give a damn, sorry have no idea if or when a fix is coming.
alienz
Guide
Guide
Still can't believe this hasn't been fixed.

Look at the version it broke. Look at the version prior. Compare the two. What did you change? Which change is related to zoom limits? Change it back.
DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Folks,

This zoom issue was brought up again in a meeting I attended this morning. It's getting some attention now, and I'm hoping to make some progress on it. If you have an active case with Support about this problem, please send me a private message with that number so I can read it and gather the details. Thank you.

Biddy-r
Star
Star
You have a PM
Boskobuha
Guide
Guide
After 5 months you want to gather details?????? WTF
dvegas
Guide
Guide

Yeah.  I spent over $1000 on cameras for my home.  Kind of ridiculous that they havent fixed this yet.  They have said engineering was working on it.  Now we are told that was just discussed in a meeting 5 months later.  We should start a class action law suit.  Maybe that would get their attention...

Thanks Daniel for hopefully addressing this issue.

Biddy-r
Star
Star
JamesC
JamesC NETGEAR Moderator
NETGEAR Moderator
‎2017-05-09 09:27 AM
Re: Arlo Q camera Zoom
Menard,

I have escalated this topic for review. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC
Message 5 of 50

5 months on after escalation ???
Great work