Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q camera Zoom

Discussion stats
Menard
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have Arlo Q camera, and since i do my app update on my iPhone 6, i can't zoom more then 2x! It's a bug ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in the latest version of the Arlo iOS mobile app. Be sure to check the app store and update to the latest version of the Arlo mobile app: Release Notes - iOS App 2.4.7 - 7th March 2018

JamesC

View solution in original post

72 REPLIES 72
Menard
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Menard,

Could you provide more detail on the issue? What is preventing you from zooming? Are you getting an error message?

JamesC

Menard
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since I made the update of the Arlo application on my iPhone: version 2.4.0. I can zoom up to 2x, before I could zoom up to 8x. I have a Arlo Q camera

I have no error message.

it's the same thing on a another iPhone .

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Menard,

I have escalated this topic for review. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

LowShack
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have noticed the exact same issue
Pinkpeony
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same issue as well. Used to be able to zoom 4x and now can only zoom 2x. This started a couple weeks ago
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pinkpeony,

I have escalated this topic for review. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Biddy-r
Star
Star
Any news as to when this issue will get resolved?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Biddy-r,

Engineering is investigating this issue. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Hackman88
Aspirant
Aspirant

is there any way  i can download the old version of the app seem that version working perfect  than the new version

im using iphone and android   app. thnks

alienz
Guide
Guide
I have the same issue and it's a real pain. I rely on the zoom feature and now I can't go past 2x. There is no error message, the app is just incapable of going further.

Running on version 2.4.0 on an iPhone 6, iOS version 10.2
Biddy-r
Star
Star
Just updated, was hopeful this would see resolve, it's not, still the same.

Arlo are being very slow to sort this out...
Biddy-r
Star
Star

alienz
Guide
Guide
Yeah, it's clear that one of the updates they rolled out put a hard cap on the zoom limit. This shouldn't be a very complicated fix.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is investigating this issue. I will post an update when I have more information. 

JamesC

Laurie696
Initiate
Initiate
Hi JamesC <Modertor>.
I acknowledge you have escalated the issue but I don't see why we need to come to this forum to highlight this: don't take features away from consumers. If anything, add or improve features. The ability to live zoom is a large reason I chose your product compared to competitors. It has been over 3 weeks now without this functionality! The ACCC here in Australia take products maintaining "fit for purpose" very seriously. I may need to contact them if you cannot get this resolved promptly.
Boskobuha
Guide
Guide
I have same issue and also 1080p is no available.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Where are you checking for this? It's in Settings, My Devices, your camera, Video Settings.
Boskobuha
Guide
Guide
In settings it is 1080p but video quality is bad for sure it's not 1080p. I checked internet speed and everything is fine. This happens right after i update app
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Download a video and use software to check the metadata embedded in it. There's various parts to the quality of the video and resolution is only part of it (remember that 1080p is only about 2 megapixels which even cheap cellphones beat).  Compression reduces the apparent resolution.  Resolution can be reduced due to network speeds anyplace between the camera and the servers - the system tries to adjust to maximize video within network constraints. If multiple cameras are recording at once your upload speed may be swamped leading to issues.

Post an example - we can at leqast tell you if it's normal or not.

Boskobuha
Guide
Guide
I know how it looks HD video and i use this camera already few months and everything was perfect. Even if internet speed is bad video was good quality with interruptions but now quality simply is bad... and second thing is zoom 2x only, but with this quality of video no any sense to zoom more...
Rbroldan0507
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem, doesnt zoom to 8X as before 2X max. 4 of my family has the same problem. That's the reason why we liked Arlo to begin with. This feature. now its gone. Can we return? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JamesC

Nethalite
Apprentice
Apprentice
Having a zoom issue. When I fullscreen it I can only zoom 2x and when don't fullscreen size it it only gives me 3x zoom. Would like full screen to zoom more then that and I remember it gave me 8x zoom