Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q baby function - realtime signal notification

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MaikR
Tutor
Tutor

Hello everybody,

we do have an Arlo Q camera and would like to use Arlo as "babyphone".

Normaly a babyphone do "listen" to any sounds and do notificate the parents immediately by accoustic transfer when the baby is crying, for example.

Unfortunately I did not find any function at Arlo which would inform us immediately by any accoustic signal.

When using Arlo as babyphone, there should be an option to inform the parents even they are slepping.

how could we awake when we just receive an email or push notification with a single "notification signal".

Do you have any ideas how Arlo becomes a "real babyphone"?

Thank you.

Maik

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Prob it will ( the Q camera ) remain as it is...you do know that Netgear has a baby monitor due to be release very soon...

info; https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-baby/default.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
MaikR
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I did realize the new product but do not want to spent additional money for a further cam when netgear is promoting actual Products as Baby / children Cam.
There must be a way to find a software solution Independently from any new hardware.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

you could put your request here in the "wish list"

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

Morse is faster than texting!
robinbroekhuis
Tutor
Tutor

Netgear fooled many of us by selling the Arlo Q cam as a great babycam. Join the list of people who are not satisfied, because of this issue. Netgear removed the so called baby cam function from their product landing page and now they are introducing a new baby cam.

You can't use the Arlo Q as a baby monitor. Find it out my own way and had to spend another €250 on another product.

mith_it
Apprentice
Apprentice

In the iOS version of the Arlo app you can go into "Mode". I personally use it in the standard "Armed" mode and that one sends me notifications every time there is a sound or a movement.

There is a slight delay, about 7 seconds, but when the baby is awake or crying it works for us. When there is a sudden sound and nothing else it's usually not useful as by the time you get the notification, open the app, connect to the live feed, whatever moved is gone.

We use it as a baby monitor occasionally and works well for us.