Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Adding second camera to Arlo app getting session has expired error

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
Kleenex
Initiate
Initiate

I'm trying to add a 2nd camera to my Arlo app. When I do try to add the 2nd camera (Arlo Q), I get the Your Session has Expired. Please log in.

I get this message after the camera takes a picture of the QR barcode. I hear the chime. I name my camera, click continue and that is when I get the message. I have logged out of my Arlo account on my Macbook Air. And logged off of my Arlo app. Then logged on again and tried adding camera and still does not work. 

My first camera that I added sucessfully is also an Arlo Q. 

I've even tried adding the camera with my Macbook Air and instead of getting the error, it takes me back to the login screen. So I logon again and try and then takes me back to login screen when I tried to add the camera.

Is it a faulty camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

due to server issue, I've  seen my end go down due to same only a few times in as many years;

UPDATE COMPLETED: Tue 2nd of May, Arlo team is performing an emergency update to the cloud

[ Edited ]

Dear Arlo customer,

On Tue 2nd of May, Arlo team is performing an emergency update to the cloud from 9PM to 9:15PM Pacific Time. Arlo users may not be able to log into the Arlo apps or the web portal during this 15 min update. But rest assured the cameras will continue to function as expected during this update and your recordings will be updated to the cloud as expected. 

After the update is complete, you will be able to login and access all your camera activity as usual. We apologize for this inconvenience, and appreciate your patience and understanding.

UPDATE - May 2nd at 9:20 PM PDT

The update to the Arlo cloud has been completed with minimal down time. Users that may have attempted to log into the Arlo app or web portal during that time may have seen an error of "Incorrect Username or password". You should no longer encounter this issue now that the update is complete. 

If you are still experiencing unexpected behavior with logging into Arlo please let us know at Arlo Support.

Thank You,

Arlo Team

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
SemperFidelis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Getting the same thing here... frustrated! Verified the login credentials are correct and followed the directions to the letter.... no joy 😞

EAJ
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a new system, and I keep getting the same message. Called tech support and they say servers are down. They said there's nothing they can do, and to "try again in a few hours". It's been three hours. Is this a common occurrence?
av8meck
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem here. I'm in Southern California if that makes a difference.

worldturning
Star
Star

Same problem.

Already have 2 Arlo outdoor cams which were added earlier in the week.  Tried installing the Arlo Q tonight on an iPhone, iPad and an Android tablet and got the same session expired error (on the pc is just logs you out).

Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought and received the Arlo q.  Tried for a couple hours to install to no avail.  Called support who said they are having system problems, they haven't seen this before and, get this, I should try connecting my arlo in 24 hours.  Asked if they have a system status site.  Nope.  Not feeling good I bought this and am now contemplating its return.  Netgear . . . . Hello are you there?????

av8meck
Tutor
Tutor

Same boat here 2k. Just received it from Amazon a couple of hours ago. About to return it.

JacekCA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. Will wait till tomorrow morning but if it doesn't work, I am sending it back. This is my first impression of the product. So disappointing.

worldturning
Star
Star

Well, after a couple of hours, I tried again and the Arlo Q finally added to my account.  Weird thing is that it kept showing as disconnected from WiFi, but was still streaming.  There was a firmware update available so I started it even though the Q was showing as disconnected from WiFi.  The firmware update took around a couple of minutes and now everything seems fine.

Somewhat disconcerted as to what caused the problem on Netgear's end with adding the Arlo Q initially.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

due to server issue, I've  seen my end go down due to same only a few times in as many years;

UPDATE COMPLETED: Tue 2nd of May, Arlo team is performing an emergency update to the cloud

[ Edited ]

Dear Arlo customer,

On Tue 2nd of May, Arlo team is performing an emergency update to the cloud from 9PM to 9:15PM Pacific Time. Arlo users may not be able to log into the Arlo apps or the web portal during this 15 min update. But rest assured the cameras will continue to function as expected during this update and your recordings will be updated to the cloud as expected. 

After the update is complete, you will be able to login and access all your camera activity as usual. We apologize for this inconvenience, and appreciate your patience and understanding.

UPDATE - May 2nd at 9:20 PM PDT

The update to the Arlo cloud has been completed with minimal down time. Users that may have attempted to log into the Arlo app or web portal during that time may have seen an error of "Incorrect Username or password". You should no longer encounter this issue now that the update is complete. 

If you are still experiencing unexpected behavior with logging into Arlo please let us know at Arlo Support.

Thank You,

Arlo Team

Morse is faster than texting!
Kleenex
Initiate
Initiate

OK. I'm back in operation. My 2nd Arlo Q was successfully added.

Looks like Arlo was upgrading their servers and was down at the time we all tried to add the camera. Bad timing I guess.

nevertheless I am very happy w/ the quality of the video and the ease of using the camera software and UA.