Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
kevinyang13
Initiate
Initiate

Stuck on solid Amber Light.  No other light.  Read most of the topics in this community.   Tried reset.  Tried power down.  Tried Sync.  Nothing works.  Any other suggestion? 

16 REPLIES 16
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you reset ( held in the reset for 10 secs or more till led flashes ) and no change, there may not be much you can do other than what you tried.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
kevinyang13
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the reply.  I bought this about 1.5 years ago.. I assume no point in contacting the support since it is not under warranty anymore.    Arlo lifetime seems rather short.  Typical security camera should last longer than that.  

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Amber usu means the Q is booting.... so yes, there may be a hardware failure.

sorry to hear your may be on the low side of the bell curve ( for product life ).

Morse is faster than texting!
ERICTANG_3742
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo Q is in the same problem.  I was stupid .  clicked on the restart camera for no reason.    Now my camera is  in orange solid amber.   I thought no problem.    It ended up Game Over to Arlo Q.     As TomMac said it is hardware failure, then nothing we can do now.   Call or text  Arlo support team.    Good luck anyway.     I did that before, but no customer service rep working there to help me.        Buy new camera.     one way ticket.

jmeoo3
Star
Star

Hmmm this is 3 people now posting about the same issue within a short time.  Wonder what the real numbers are about how many cameras are failing ?  It's not acceptable at all.  

ERICTANG_3742
Tutor
Tutor
I bought my two Arlo Q in 2018.
One of Arlo Q is game over. Hopefully the other Arlo Q has no problem. I am still waiting for Arlo Support team.
Good luck to me...
ERICTANG_3742
Tutor
Tutor
My Arlo Q cameras are wifi .
Not arlo q plus
cahall57
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue.  I believe it stopped working after a power outage, but I'm not sure.  I can't get anything other than the solid amber light.  Tried everything already suggested in this list and no response.  I'll watch for other suggestions.  

Arlojunk22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue as many others with solid amber. Tried to reset got solid amber for infinity. Arlo is making a lot of money on this trash!

jmeoo3
Star
Star

How long have you had the camera?

ERICTANG_3742
Tutor
Tutor
I bought Arlo Q on nov 24 2018
ERICTANG_3742
Tutor
Tutor

I think you guys should try to contact Arlo Support team.

Maybe you guys are lucky.  

I got my replacement today.   The only thing cost me was the shipping charged.  They let me shipped the bad Arlo Q back to them.

Hopefully no more problems!   

Thank you for Arlo Support team!

jmeoo3
Star
Star

They offered you a replacement even though the 1 year warranty was expired ?  They told me it was out of the question because I had my camera for over two years.  Said they couldn't do anything for me. 

ERICTANG_3742
Tutor
Tutor

I was not BS.  I bought my Arlo Q cameras on Nov 24 and Aug 19 2018.    One of the Arlo Q camera was game over.   Hopefully the other Arlo Q has no problem now and in the future.    I invested a lot of money  to Arlo Cameras and lights,

Hi Jme003....   Good Luck!   Maybe I was lucky.   

TrainedGrump
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have the solid amber fubar, although the camera had worked well since late 2017. I've wasted too much time on investigating this -- it's for the trash (I'll not inflict it on another). This is rather sad since I had good service from Netgear kit, but this has tainted their brand in my eyes. Bye bye Arlo!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Really? You give up that easily? Did you try a different power supply? Did you contact support for suggestions? It's certainly possible the camera is dead but that can happen with any brand at any time.