Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Micasaessucasa
Follower
Follower

Why I’m not getting recordings, I get pinged when there’s movement but no video

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Micasaessucasa

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

strictlybznz007
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have same problem!

Triblokerich
Aspirant
Aspirant
A bit of an update.

What I have previously done is install, delete and install, hard reset, delete and install. I have also power cycled the router several times (I need to do this when the 2.4 gb service fails). I have also confirmed that both devices have the same firmware.

What I did yesterday was turn off my old Arlo Q and reset my router with just the new Arlo Q. This morning the wifi had gone offline again which suggests a problem with the new camera, however I will run with just the old camera and make sure it works over a 24 hour period.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@strictlybznz007

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

belektro
Aspirant
Aspirant

FWIW I'm having the same issue. Resetting the device did not help.

Triblokerich
Aspirant
Aspirant
I sent mine back for a replacement which is working okay, however, that too initially had some problems, I was previously power cycling my router daily to clear its cache and this was causing the cameras to go offline each morning. Now I've stopped doing that both cameras are working correctly
a1c2b34
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased my Arlo Q in mid 2018. It worked fine until last month when it started pushing notifications for activity OUTSIDE the single activity zone.  Calls to Arlo support were a waste of time. No fix is available and I'm told I'm out of warranty and out of luck. A quick Google search led me to this thread:  https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Q/activity-zones-completely-ignored/m-p/1619853#M7438

The earliest post in this thread is from early 2018. Arlo was knowingly selling defective cameras to unsuspecting customers like me. Seems a class action lawsuit is an option to the many Arlo users with similar problems, something the NYC-based litigation law firm I work for would be pleased to bring against Arlo.  I'll give Arlo support the opportunity to make this right and replace the defective camera with one that functions as advertised. Please contact me.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @a1c2b34

Do you have an active smart subscription?

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.