Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I have 2 Arlo Q's and only one works

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tsunami12345
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased my first Arlo Q in February 2018. I chose it over other cameras due to the online software viewing options.

I bought a second Arlo Q in July 2018 and I have had nothing but problems with it. It took longer to discover the 2nd one and after a while it could not be detected viewing the online software.

I took it down & reset it & went through the discovery process again & it would work for a short while then go missing again. Once, I unplugged it for more than 24 hours & plugged it in and it worked for about a day, then it would go offline. (Your device is not connected) I got to a point that I haven't viewed the software online for months because I'm sure that the 2nd is not working. I just use my D-Link cameras. Just to rule out a strength of signal issue, I bought a wifi extender and still I could not see it online. One of my D-Link cameras is very close to it & it is working fine. (None of the cameras are really that far from the router anyway. What was I thinking?)

Now the 2nd Arlo cannot be discovered. I've tried through the phone app, my wireless laptop, my desktop, & it will not be discovered. I tried about 25 times today. I've tried every combination of factory reset (holding reset for variable lengths of time) unplugging it, resetting my wifi, & it is nowhere to be found.

Today, I went to Amazon & I see that I'm one of many who've had major issues with the Arlo Q. (Major issue being that it just does not work) I actually thought of buying another Arlo Q, thinking I just got a lemon on my second try, but I think I've come to my senses and will be looking elsewhere.

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Tsunami12345

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support