Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q IOS APP

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ZenicaPA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

For the Arlo Q, is it like the Arlo Pro where the IOS app screen shows all of your cameras but to see real-time footage from any camera you have to activate the interested camera by tapping where it says "go live"? I ask because I have Nest and from the IOS app, I can see up to four cameras in real time from the main screen. This allows me to see several vantage points in real-time like a security office can see multiple camera angles in a store.

Can this be done with the Arlo IOS or Android app?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup, no problem.

ZenicaPA
Aspirant
Aspirant

How because when I phoned tech support this morning, I was told it isn't possible.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No idea.  Any of the Arlo cameras can be live streamed at once.  The only limitation that I'm aware of is for the wireless cameras which the base station can only handle 5 streaming at one time.

ZenicaPA
Aspirant
Aspirant

When you replied "yup, no problem" I mistook that to mean you knew for certain and how, possibly from experience.

As it turns out, it isn't yup, no problem. Its more like nope, not gonna happen.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Nope, "Yup, no problem" means exactly that. It 2orks with no problem. This is from experience.
ZenicaPA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Except the app will not show four camera at once in real time without clicking on each one to "wake" them and if you scroll to another four, its the same issue again whereas Nest lets you scroll through all cameras and view them in real time. On a larger device or the PC you can see 12 at one time, not so with Arlo.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I see what you're saying.  Yes, you have to manually activate live view for each one.  That's a design decision, perhaps based on battery life.  The rescaling issue is also a design issue - 12 at once would be pretty small even on a large screen.  You pays your money and you takes your choice.