Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot claim Arlo Q

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Joey1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Setup doesn't complete. Says cannot claim device. Did the various resets as mentioned before and still no solution. Yes SSID is correct, password is correct. I essntially have a $150 paper weight. AContacted support, not sure when they will get back to me since didn't give an estimate. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Usu, this occurs when the base unit has been previously registered by another...was this a used unit?

If so , only Netgear ( or prev owner if known ) can delete the serial number of the base so it can be used on a new account.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Joey1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yea. persumably bought off of Amazon as "new" Inside packaging didn't seem too new though. Is this a general thing? Read a handful of reviews on Amazon with the same deal. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Well you have two options I see

1) contact Netgear to see if they will release the serial # , you may need an invoice from Amazon

2) if number 1 is done you still have a number of days to test it before sending back

if you do send it back ,just delete the base from your account before doing so ( not that Amazon is suppose to reissue used,....it was my thought they went back to Netgear for refurbish...but then it could be a secondary seller too)

Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Joey1234,

Be sure the device you are using to claim the Arlo Q is connected to the same network as the Arlo Q. If the device is connected to a different network, you will get an error.

JamesC