Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Re: Restart device frequently

Discussion stats
Highlighted
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@LBM 

Let us know if you have any further questions, we will be here to assist you.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS wrote:

@JérômeP

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

I've just contacted the french customer support.

They are going to change my camera.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've had this issue since nearly the beginning. The Netgear cloud recording function will stop. Meaning I can't view any of the expected footage within the APP ( it's on the SD card though). I continue to get alerts though and in some cases can reboot the camera through the APP. The reboot can be confirmed by listening to it at it changes the IR filter, making a click. This isn't enough though and a power cycle is often required to regain cloud recording functionality.

Most recently from 2nd to 4th March 2019 there's been missing captured events. Just not good enough for a security device.

Model: VMC3040S | Arlo Q Plus Security Camera with Audio|Ethernet|PoE
Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you opened a case with support? It may be a bad camera:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Highlighted
Apprentice
Apprentice

My camera was acquired in May 2016.
I've opened cases with Netgear for this years ago. All tests have been completed and communicated but still random cloud recording dropouts persist. At the time the recordings are not present in the portal I continue to get notification beeps from the APP when events should be recorded. The SD card still records the events.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Apprentice

New camera received on monday, March 4th.

After one day and an half of running, the same issue occured...