Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Ksw
Star
Star
I have 2 Arlo Pro 2 cameras and 2 Arlo Q Plus cameras. What is happening is that the Q Plus devices need to be rebooted/restarted frequently as they become unresponsive when trying to view live feeds as well as stop recording from motion alerts. What is up with the Arlo Q Plus? Is a firmware update on the way?

Thank you.
55 REPLIES 55
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@LBM 

Let us know if you have any further questions, we will be here to assist you.

JérômeP
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS wrote:

@JérômeP

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

I've just contacted the french customer support.

They are going to change my camera.

Wayne72
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've had this issue since nearly the beginning. The Netgear cloud recording function will stop. Meaning I can't view any of the expected footage within the APP ( it's on the SD card though). I continue to get alerts though and in some cases can reboot the camera through the APP. The reboot can be confirmed by listening to it at it changes the IR filter, making a click. This isn't enough though and a power cycle is often required to regain cloud recording functionality.

Most recently from 2nd to 4th March 2019 there's been missing captured events. Just not good enough for a security device.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you opened a case with support? It may be a bad camera:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Wayne72
Apprentice
Apprentice

My camera was acquired in May 2016.
I've opened cases with Netgear for this years ago. All tests have been completed and communicated but still random cloud recording dropouts persist. At the time the recordings are not present in the portal I continue to get notification beeps from the APP when events should be recorded. The SD card still records the events.

JérômeP
Apprentice
Apprentice

New camera received on monday, March 4th.

After one day and an half of running, the same issue occured...