Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Plus not finishing configuration after chime sound still blinking blue light

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
erondon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the camera for more than a year working fine.

Some day the camera just stop working, I couldn't connect through my app mobiles.

So, I reset the setting and tried to configure again.

The camera is detected by my router, I get IP and MAC address.

I pushed the sync button, the camera reads the QR code and the chime sounds, the app says "Discovering your device" and after minutes nothing happens. The camera is still with the blue light linking.

I tried connection with Ethernet, same issue.

I tried connection with my laptop rather than my two mobiles, same.

I tried changing the power adapter for other with same output (5V - 2amps), same.

I tried testing the camera on a different router on a different place, same.

I tried cleaning the eye on the camera, same.

I tried resetting the camera several times, same

I tried erasing the apps on my mobiles and install again, same.

What other option can be or I should follow?

Thank you,

Ernesto

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support here. You're out of warranty but maybe they have some magic.

erondon
Aspirant
Aspirant

my camera has warranty, It was bought by Amazon USA, it has two years warranty and failure in a year.

So, do I need to send the product to Amazon or to Netgear US?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

GUess I don't understand the warranty specifics. Some countries get a 2 year Arlo warranty, most get one year. WHat country are you in and where did you buy the camera? The place of purchase sets your warranty.

In any event, unless the store (Amazon) has a warranty of its own, you would need to use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page to get to the page with phone and chat options to be able to open a case. They will step you through the process of whether you're covered and how to get an RMA.

erondon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I'm in Perú, the camera is here.

I bought it in US, by Amazon.

In US the camera warranty is 2 years.

I don't know if is same here for South America but what I'm asking is to return the camera to some support store from Netgear here in Peru and receive my new camera in an address from US so I will pay just one-way delivery from US to Peru rather than send my camera back to US and pay that delivery too.

That is what any customer expects from a company as Netgear, right?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unless a change has been made or something else I'm not aware of, the US warranty is 1 year and always has been. You can check your documentation for clarification or open a case with support here since that's what's needed anyways. They will tell you about warranty length as well as to how to proceed with the RMA process. I expect that they will have you return the camera to the US and the new camera would be shipped from the US.

Open a case and all your questions can be answered completely and correctly.

erondon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I get two new cameras as replacement and no one worked. 

I need a more specified step-by-step to troubleshoot this.

I opened a CMD console on my windows and tried with traceroute arlo.netgear.com on ports 80, 443 and 123 and just the two firsts replied correctly. Port 123 seems to be not working.

I contacted my ISP and they created me a port forwarding rule so my camera internal IP (192.168.1.12) on port 123 will be redirected outside on the port 80. This also doesn't work.

I would like to know from your side how can I be sure where is the problem... my ISP or is Netgear servers which cannot connect to my router. My public IP is 190.237.68.43.

I was told that for a camera connection came from both sides, my camera connecting netgear servers and netgear servers connecting my router/camera.

Please I cannot return for third time the camera, I'm pretty sure the camera is fine but for some unknown reason my camera is not being recognized after QR code y read and sounds the chime.

Thank you in advance.

Ernesto

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The fact that you get as far as you do seems to indicate that the network isn't the problem but I can't be sure of that. Have you taken a camera to another location with a different ISP to see if you can get it to work there?

It sounds like you have an open case with support since you have replacement cameras - is that correct? If not, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

erondon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I was with support twice, I received a new camera, tried and doesn't work so I return the new camera again to receive another new one, the same issue, couldn't connect. So, with this third camera I'm pretty sure the came isn't the problem but should be the network, what I need is steps from some IT support to probe or get evidence on what can be happening on my network to not allow the connection to camera? I need to debug my attempt of connection to netgear and that somebody can say straight that my ISP is blocking or my IP is blocked by netgear servers, I don't know.

Do you follow me ?

I cannot just throw my camera to the trash can, It was working and in some moment from past year it was just impossible to see the camera from my cellphone. I reseted the camera, reseted my cellphone, nothing.

Please your specific guidance will be appreciated.

Regards,

Ernesto

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I follow you completely. Unfortunately, since you're in a different country and I have no idea how that may or may not impact connection through your ISP to the Arlo servers, I really can only make generic comments and suggestions. You are left to using official support from Arlo and your ISP to try to solve this. There may be a local network IT person you can contact that would be able to debug your problem. 

The only other thing I can think of is to ask if you are using a VPN. If so, disable that and try again. If not, I have nothing else I can add.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation