Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Smith2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

All my cameras were offline yesterday. I have reset them and tried wifi, Ethernet and Poe,  but App showed "No Arlo Devices found". Internet have no problem at home. What's the problem?

23 REPLIES 23
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No VPN in use? Restarted the router? You're on the same network that you're trying to connect the camera to?

Smith2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
No VPN. The the same network. Restart router. It did not work. The cameras were installed in China. Is it a problem? But it worked well before.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

China seems to be a recent recurring theme but I don't think that's your problem. You can use Settings, My Devices, your camera, Connected To (or something like that which allows you to select a new network). If that doesn't work, reset the camera by removing it from Settings, My Devices and start fresh.

Smith2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have reset cameras and deleted them from App, but when I wanted to add them agian , the cameras flashs amber light and it seems that the App can’t find it. It seems to be same when switching to different network or VPN.
Smith2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. No vpn. Deleted it from App. Reset cameras. Restarted router. Th same network. App still can’t add it as a new one.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since CHina was mentioned, what country are you currently in?

Smith2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
China now.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I believe that's your problem. There's a similar thread in the Q Plus section with the same problem in the same country.

Smith2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
How to slove this problem? I have installed POE Ethernet cable in my house. What about other brand POE camera instead of arlo if there is no way to deal with this problem.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're on yer own for that. We can help with Arlo but...

Smith2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
There are other ways to make it right? I had 3 alro q plus and 2 arlo pro cameras that didn’t work.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would appearthat when in China you need to work with the ISP and whomever else. If they're blocking access there's nothing we can do to help.

ArloChris
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the same issue. I located at China Guangdong.

Could you please provide more information for working with the ISP? For example, I need unlock which ports?

Thank you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ports 80, 123 and 443 to arlo.netgear.com need to be open.

ditchdoc
Apprentice
Apprentice
is the same true (those ports) for America??? I got the same issue
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. Give us details about what you've tried and seen.

Bodonka
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently was given an arlo Q plus from a friend and when setting it up I have received nothing but issues from the start even though the camera was working a few days to a week prior to me receiving it.

Originally the camera just kept cycling through Amber, blue and purple lights and would do so for multiple hours. After reading through some comments on a thread I decided to leave the camera plugged in over night.
I woke up this morning and not a single LED was showing. I went through set up as usual and got as far as the app looking for the camera. I keep ending up with the same issue - no arlo devices found.

When i press and hold sync the LES flashes blue and I also get the chime when scanning the QR code. What can I do to fix this issue?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you were given the camera, did the previous owner remove the camera from his account? That's needed.

Malikjb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am in US.  The yellow light on camera was blinking. I tried to restart it several times, deleted it from my account, reset it also but still does not work.  I followed all the steps heard the chime but my iPhone can not detect the camera.  Finally I folded the camera and wire and put them in the closet. Looks like a software issue  mm

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Must be nice to be able to just give up on potentially wasted money.

You can always open a case with support for issues like this and invoke your warranty:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Malikjb
Aspirant
Aspirant

The link for support is a circular link.  Brings back to the same place.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not if you click on Contact Support below here and do the same thing one the second page. The third page gets you the contact info.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Jjohn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve had the same issues. I tried all those fixes you listed as well. And I’m in Utah. I think Arlo has just got some faulty cameras going out. I had four out of five that would not link up, it just said “no devices found” like yours.
Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation