Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can’t find my device on the Arlo app and web setup

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Alx_1
Follower
Follower

Hey everyone,

I just recently purchased the Arlo Q plus and I’ve tried all I could to set it up but I’m unable to. I keep hitting a wall and can’t get past finding my device on the app, I’ve done a factory reset multiple times, I’ve used the Ethernet port but nothing seems to work.

Before now, the issue I had was setting up the two-step verification process but I got that to work by using a VPN.

I should mention that I’m not in the US, could that be why it’s not working?

I’d appreciate any help I can get, else I end up with an expensive paperweight if I’m not able to return it and get my money back.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

These cameras are very old, legacy and will be EOLed at the end of next year. That doesn't mean the camera will cease functioning but will end any official support.

I would tend to venture a guess that you bought this used - is that correct? If so, the original owner needs to have removed it from his account before you can set it up.

Also, since you mentioned using a VPN, is that still in use? The phone/computer and the camera have to be on the same network for setup. Once that's done, the VPN isn't necessary for most usage.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation