Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jetman350
Initiate
Initiate

Just set up 4 camera's around my house. Last night my driveway camera picked up the paper boy driving in to drop the paper on my front porch, BUT the front porch camera did not show him at all. Is this because the drive way camera was still recording? If so I guess my option is to shorten the recording time so the porch an pick it up?

3 REPLIES 3
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
No they work seperate. It should have recorded. My two work together. You can even set up a custom mode that when one camera records it triggers another camera. As to why it didnt pick him up it works better from side to side not head on. The infra red spread out as they leave the camera so try different angles
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can also create a custom mode with rules that will detect on one camera but record on another:

Cam1 detects, cam1 records

Cam1 detects, cam2 records

Cam2 detects, cam2 records

Cam2 detects, cam1 records

Jetman350
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the tips. My front door camera is at an angle of about 45 degrees, so the head on isn't the problem. I'll do a little more testing and see what happens. Of all the videos I have watched and the community is still the best for info.   Thanks.........