Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

rma link won't work

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Stevegombas
Aspirant
Aspirant

trying to start the rma process. recived email cant open link,copy and paste retyped it inand still get nothing. how can i get this to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect the issue is that you're copying the link up to the ellipsis (...) which isn't the whole URL. If you were to copy the whole link (on Android, press and hold on the URL nd copy it to the clipboard or on a computer browser right-click on the link and copy it) and paste THAT into the URL bar you'd see an absolutely huge URL gets pasted.

It ried both ways - copying the URL and pasting it as well as just clicking on the link - and both worked fine.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A few others have reported similar issues in the past but when I tried their link (they posted it here) it worked fine. Make sure you're copying the whole URL and not just part of it as well as not including a period that may be at the end of the link.

If you want, post the message here or send it to me in a PM.

Stevegombas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Action required to complete your RMA

Dear Steven Gombas,

Your RMA request for Arlo Wirefree Camera(VMC3030) (4WA16C740E63A) has been approved by Arlo.

** ACTION REQUIRED TO COMPLETE YOUR RMA **

Please have the following information ready:
• RMA Number
• Serial Number
• Credit Card Information (for expedited shipping services)

To complete your RMA request, please click the following link to access our Online RMA page: https://www.arlo.com/rma/onlineRMA.aspx?token=VAySuPvhoHMDiVLmTYsCTQEAoYuW/kGiVBBSinDAGHw0z2n795Ivs1...
If clicking the link doesn't work, you can copy the link and paste it into your browser address bar or type it there directly.

Instructions for completing the RMA request:
Select the preferred type of shipping method (Standard Swap / Expedited replacement services). Standard Swap exchange is provided free of charge under the warranty terms and conditions.
Review and accept the terms and conditions of the selected RMA service to proceed.
Incase you opted for Advanced shipping option, you will be asked to enter your credit card details and will be charged for the expedited shipping service.
Enter the shipping details and save to create the RMA.
At the end of the process, You will see a confirmation page with your RMA number and instructions for returning your defective unit. This information will also be emailed to you.

Thank you for choosing Arlo.
Sincerely,
Arlo Support
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stevegombas,

What browser are you using? What do you seen when you use the RMA link provided?

JamesC

Stevegombas
Aspirant
Aspirant
Safari on Mac and also on my iPhone
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The link worked for me first time on Android Chrome.

Stevegombas
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also sent link to my android and it still doesn’t open
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect the issue is that you're copying the link up to the ellipsis (...) which isn't the whole URL. If you were to copy the whole link (on Android, press and hold on the URL nd copy it to the clipboard or on a computer browser right-click on the link and copy it) and paste THAT into the URL bar you'd see an absolutely huge URL gets pasted.

It ried both ways - copying the URL and pasting it as well as just clicking on the link - and both worked fine.

Stevegombas
Aspirant
Aspirant

that was it. i was only using the beginning link. got to work thru android but not safari. thanks for all the help