Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Jabroni
Apprentice
Apprentice

JUST A FYI...

Ive spoken to customer support. They are aware of the issue and have been for about the last hour.

Next level support is working on it and should have a fix soon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Earlier today, we experienced some technical issues with the Arlo environment and some customers may have been unable to connect to their cameras. We have restored full functionality and you should no longer be experiencing issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for being part of the Arlo Family!

JamesC

View solution in original post

85 REPLIES 85
Jlenderking
Guide
Guide
I've been trying to get my system back on and even purchased a new base and more cameras and now they don't work too... I want to have security... Please fix soon!
shawnwells01
Aspirant
Aspirant
My base station was saying getting status and now saying offline the three green lights were coming on know only two can't seem to connect to cameras since 9 pm last night
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Late last night we deployed server upgrades that may have resulted in a small number of users experiencing an issue accessing their system.  This should now be resolved. Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues.

JamesC

jfdimatteo
Tutor
Tutor

still no status

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jfdimatteo,

Consider rebooting your base station using the on-off button. Allow the base to come back online with a solid green power and internet LED and try again. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

jfdimatteo
Tutor
Tutor
I have already rebooted my base my router and my cameras about five times still nothing
jfdimatteo
Tutor
Tutor
The base will not connect to the router I have no Wi-Fi everything else in the house works
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What do the LEDs show, including color?

jfdimatteo
Tutor
Tutor
I already tried that 5 time. I have rebooted everything possible
jfdimatteo
Tutor
Tutor
All the LED lights are green all three of them but not the one for the Wi-Fi
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There should only be 3 green LEDs, from the left - power, Internet, and camera.  Nothing else should be lit. Your home WiFi has nothing to do with the wireless cameras.  Since you seem to have all 3 lit properly, it appears to be something about your viewing connection to the servers.  Are you using the app or a browser?  Have you tried the other?  Try reinstalling the app and restarting your phone.  If using a browser, try a different one.

RTSENG
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have the same problem. My Arlo has not been used for a while and I powered them up last night - now my base station is constant;y "Getting Status" then go offline.

Parlin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have been trying to connect for the last hour. No success. When will this issue be fixed.

shereenhs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo system up the spout! Cameras wont refresh, app hangs on mode change, then advises that the mode was not applied (2601), then get error message "we are sorry the messenging service is currently down, please try again". Have restarted, re booted, reset, switched off etc etc etc - system still not working!!!!  Can't access the base station settings via the online account, they have completely disappeared, as wanted to check firmware details to ensure up to date. All in all, a mess....

Psv2363
Aspirant
Aspirant
Im having same issues . It says getting staues and then say offline. I have 2 green bars and the middle one is yellow on the base unit. On my app it says base unit offline. I have internet in the rest of the house. My arlo system did an update lastnight.
Psv2363
Aspirant
Aspirant
System just came back up.......
surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
Not for me it hasn't!
whtciv2k
Star
Star

their cloud servers appear to be coming online slowly around the US. i'm mid atlantic area east coast and mine came back online at 7:30am. another user reported theirs came online at 7:43am and slowly more and more individuals are confirming they are able to connect again. give it a bit more time.

whtciv2k
Star
Star

Netgear Support, this is completely unacceptable. I am also a systems engineer and even if i know nothing may happen, i always cover myself by sending out alerts to let users know what's happening and possible issues that may arise. you'd save yourself a lot of headache and people would certainly appreciate it if you all let us know via a simple email that something is occurring. otherwise, i would not have spent the last 1.5 hours troubleshooting my camera system which was actually working perfectly fine and your cloud that was having issues.

Petesghost
Initiate
Initiate

My basestation is still showing offline. I'm still experiencing the issue

Psv2363
Aspirant
Aspirant
Now my system goes on for a few minutes and then back offline. Heres my problem. I purchases this 3 camera system on February 11th. Ive have to send back a camera twice because of defects. So i have truely only had my system working at full capacity for 1 week. Now this issue. Im truely not tring to sound winey but come on netgear. I just want what i paided for.
vagius
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been playing with it for 3hr. i'm hopeing that's the problem do not need to buy a new one.costly, hope it gets fixed

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I rebooted my phone and now it's working for me
vagius
Aspirant
Aspirant

i reboted the hole system an phon still not working