Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JamJuice
Tutor
Tutor

Hi -

Been using two Arlo Pro wireless cameras for a couple weeks and I've noticed they only record either 16 or 21 seconds most of the time.  Even when there is still motion, they turn off.  They start recording again shortly after and I end up with loads of short video clips.   I have the selected the option to record until there is no more motion. I've also re-sync'd the cameras. Have I got some faulty equipment?

Thanks

79 REPLIES 79
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Answered in another thread.

jaiidan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you point me to the thread where this is solved as mine is still doing it and last message I got from the engineers was they knew about it and were working in it?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The thread I referenced is right around where this one was.

The answer is that, among other things, motion has to be detectable to keep recording. Motion from side to side rather than straight towards the camera helps tons. You can use the Motion Detection Test to get an idea and/or use 10 second recordings to note where motion stops being detected. Could this be better? Probably but you have to imagine how motion is detected by the camera to set it properly.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Camera still stops recording (frequently enough) even while in full motion. A recording begins, person is walking across FOV and after a few steps recording stops (person is still walking). After a 3-4 secs pause recording starts again. Not a question of motion detectable or not, recording began due to detection in the first place and motion never stops, however recording does.

What makes it hard to understand is its random nature, very puzzling and likely why they can’t find a fix.

DebiD
Aspirant
Aspirant
If anyone finds a fix for this please let me know. Unfortunately I bought 2 separate systems and both are locked on 6 seconds when I have the setting on 300 sec. I am kicking myself in the but right now ugh