Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iOS Arlo App refuses to show videos that have been recorded compared to Android app

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Fleety
Follower
Follower

Last week I migrated from a Samsung S8 running Android 9 with the latest version of the Arlo app to iPhone 12 running iOS 14.5.1 running the latest iOS version of the Arlo App.

I have noticed that the iOS app quick to show notifications (like the Android app), but when compared to the Android App, the iOS app often refuses to show the recorded video even though the video is available via the web account; if it does show the video in the app it is often many minutes later than when compared to the Android app.

In the iPhone settings for the Arlo App I have allowed the Arlo App to the local network and to Home Data, and to also allow Location In/Out Notifications, and in the general iOS notification setting Arlo is enabled to allow notifications.

I'm concerned that whilst I may receive notifications, I might not see the videos until its too late and I'm concerned about whether videos would be deleted or not and I would have no way of knowing this.

What can be done to mitigate this? Is this (as I perhaps suspect) a feature of the iOS app due to features of the iOS/Apple operating system?

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Fleety,

Try uninstalling the Arlo app, reboot your iPhone 12 and reinstall the app to see if you're able to view the videos properly. Also try seeing if this happens when you're on WiFi and/or cellular data.