Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
sean-hurley
Tutor
Tutor

Has the microphone icon been intentionally removed from the toolbar when viewing live video?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has deployed a fix that should resolve this issue. Users may need to log out and log back in to their iOS app before they will see fix.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues with the microphone icon when live streaming using the Arlo iOS mobile app.

JamesC

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same issue when hit the live view there no mic
Emmanking
Initiate
Initiate
Just confirmed no mic app on IOS app but mic icon show and works from Android device
sean-hurley
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for verifying.  Guess I'll have to dig out my Android device until the iOS team gets their act together.

skysigns
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same here no mic anymore with IOS? What's up with that!
webb_chris
Tutor
Tutor
Same here!!! Looks like a bug in 2.4.2, as everything still works fine with 2.4.1.
Talas29
Aspirant
Aspirant
Grrrr,same here nO 🎤 with iOS, what's going On ARLO PRO?!?!?!?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

To be advised...this info ( thank you BTW ) has been sent along to the Netgear Higher ups and I would expect a new IOS revision ASAP

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
morgans1980
Initiate
Initiate

I just got a 3 pack of Arlo Pros with a Base station and none of the cameras seem to have 2-way capability on my Iphone.  I tried the web app on my computer and then the mics worked.  I think that's kinda pointless though, because if I get a notification on my phone, I will need a full fledged computer to be able to talk back.  Can we please get a fix?  I have an Iphone 7 running iOS 10.3.2

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is currently investigating this issue. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

alakai66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Glad I'm not the only one having this issue.  I just picked up my 4 pack two days ago. Robot Mad

rilopez825
Initiate
Initiate

Just got two pro cameras yesterday to add to my older HD base and the mics didn't work but the icon was there. Today the icon is missing as well. 

jbeno
Initiate
Initiate

I'm seeing the same behavior. No microphone on the updated iOS 2.4.2 app. I do see the microphone when logging in via a web browser on my laptop.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It just effects the NEW release of the IOS APP that came out Late yesterday...... it does not effect hte PC or Android

( they accidently some how lost the icon in the new version for IOS. Simple )

seanJ44
Star
Star
Same issue here. No mic. Please advise
bear155
Aspirant
Aspirant

Updated the iOS app. Push to talk / microphone button no longer appears when viewing live. All other icons are there as usual.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Problem on both iPhone and iPad.

Was working perfectly before update. Need this feature urgently. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks...

dadzoid
Aspirant
Aspirant

My microphone disappeared after update yesterday. Iphone 7

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There are at least 4 other threads .... the MIC icon was somehow deleted in the latest iOS App release the other day for the PRO camera.

It does not effect the PC usage or Android app.

It will be fixed ASAP... but it may take a week +/-  due to Apple's app process of aproval

jsibbach240
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has the microphone icon been intentionally removed from the toolbar when viewing live video?

rakurdi2017
Aspirant
Aspirant
As per the support team it should be resolved with the new app update that is goinong to be released soon, but would take a week +/- due to apple review/approval process.
Garza1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue with microphone just purchased cameras couple days ago
rilopez825
Initiate
Initiate
I tried it from my pc and the icon Is present but the actual feature doesn't work
rakurdi2017
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried it with my other android phone and the mic works fine. The issue I believe is only with iOS devices after the new app update 2.4.2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is currently investigating this issue. I will post an update as soon as I have more information. 

JamesC

Garza1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanx JAMESC