Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom mode - multiple rules per camera (working as expected or something wrong?)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
adambean
Luminary
Luminary

Hello,

When setting up a custom mode, it works as such:

- "If the following" <select camera here> - <motion or audio> "Then do the following" <select camera here> 

Once you use camera X with camera X in a rule, the next rule you create for camera X, doesn't allow you to put the action on camera X again. Why? 

My scenario is as such. In our nursery, I want a rule to send a push notification on audio and a second rule to record on video. We don't want notifications on movement, so we split them.

I created the first rule for audio - "If the following <Nursery> - audio Then do the following <Nursery> push notification". Now when I go back to select "if the following <Nursery> - video" Then do the following ONLY allows me to select the other cameras, no longer the nursery.

Validated this with all the cameras. So assuming this is "working as intended"? Kinda limiting no?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yeah, you can't do what you want to do unfortunately. You either have to have notifications on or off and choose motion or audio or both. I can't say I've ever wanted to set it up the way you want it set  up. Not even sure if you can do it with an Arlo Baby camera. The only way I can imagine achieving your end goal is to use 2 separate cameras