Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary

My cameras are offline, seems like the base station is too even though all 3 lights are green!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tonstar1
Luminary
Luminary
14 REPLIES 14
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes this is the second outage in less than 2 weeks. And its not just for a few mins. Ridiculous. QOS down big time IMO.

Biomanz
Tutor
Tutor

Down for me too, but motion detection and recording still works. Other days, the cams go "offline" about a third of the time, both within 30 feet from the router. Frankly, this is embarassing for a security system and am reconsidering a Nest...

Jayz0r
Star
Star

Same problem here on my Arlo Pro. Even bypassing router by connecting directly into modem didn't help. After power cycle of modem, router and base station, it now shows an amber light for internet, even though it is connected to the net and is not blocked in any way. Cannot think otherwise than that the server/service must be down on Netgear's side.

Not a great start, purchased my setup 3 weeks ago, and so far I'm dealing with a broken camera (battery drain in mere days) and now this 😕

Tonstar1
Luminary
Luminary
Same
SimplifiedGeek
Initiate
Initiate

It seems to be back up now.. I was able to connect to my basestation a few seconds ago.. 

Jayz0r
Star
Star

Looks like I just came back up... it's almost as if I had to complain first lol

Tonstar1
Luminary
Luminary
I'm back on now too
surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
Yep me too back online!
DogRiverDude
Aspirant
Aspirant
Up here too! But where’s my truck!!! 😉
Tonstar1
Luminary
Luminary
Lol as always
Jcr918
Aspirant
Aspirant

So does this happen a lot? I'm debating on buying the Alro Pro 1 since its on sale but seeing stuff like this makes me want to re think this

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary

Well I've had the system since March and this is the 2nd time its happend to me,  that I've noticed! So not bad

Biomanz
Tutor
Tutor

Aaaand now I can't access the Library - vids stuck in a loop loading. 1 Camera also stuck on "Please wait" for over a minute before working, the second still waiting after 3 minutes. All this after the fingerprint unlock failed and needed to restart the app. And at a time when I really wanted to check the vids/cam after hearing some noise in the basement.

Infuriating. If an actual burglar was inside this would've completely failed me.

DogRiverDude
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve only had my system 5 days so I was kinda panick strickened but from what I’ve read, outages are rare. What I ”don’t” like is; the system seems to need to communicate with Netgear servers to even function... that part isn’t cool (especially when I’m recording to a USB drive). Another feature I think is missing is; live feeds to Facebook (or whatever live streaming Social Media website). Other than that, NO regrets whatsoever with the Pro system! I love it and... when the Pro 2 cams are available in Canada, I’ll be adding 2 more. It’s totally addictive and I love sitting at work and getting ARLO notifications that motion was detected.