Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
foxcyfinds
Tutor
Tutor
Like many other users today...

my Arlo pro system has been offline all day. I have rebooted router, unplugged arlo base station, and even reset everything numerous times

the base station connects and all lights are green. when I check status from app or even arlo arlo website I keep getting system disconnected messages.

I would very much like to get this thing working.
87 REPLIES 87
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are currently investigating this issue. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

HiCountryDaz
Initiate
Initiate

JamesC,

Thank you. Is this also the reason I have no access to change my motion sensitivity and email notificaiton settings?

Autumn

Dmats143
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem.  Any answers yet.

Jessegodsey
Star
Star
Any update yet ??
Nhatky1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought this arlo pro about 6 months ago. every thing work fine until today. the base station is offline. i try push on/off button. disconnect the power. and hit reset button. but nothing work. finally i decise to remove the devide and try to re install it. but the base station can not discovering. and show the solid 2 green light on the left and a solid orange light on the right.  nothing wrong with the internet because i can watch movie from same internet provide. i don't know about the firmware right now. because i cannot log in to my base station any more.

svartnatt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue here too.  It started today, the base is "OFFLINE" but it still records video and sends alerts.  I can't see anything in the live view and I can't open the settings for the base in either the phone app or the website.

I hope they didn't brick these things..  Mine's been pretty flawless unlike all the other folks having issues.  This would be the first real problem I've had.

DParent
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue as everyone else today, check power & internet connection. Has worked great for over 2 years and then today this.  Please resolve issue, clearly on your end.

Jessegodsey
Star
Star
I agree. I have 10 cameras and have not had any issues.
Bmagoon
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm also having this same issue.
SGyorko
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have VMS4430-100NAS and an Arlo Q.  While at work, one of my cameras was offline.  I tried resetting the system from my phone at work, and it took all of them offline.  Upon getting home, I tried doing a factory reset holding the reset down 10 seconds.  Amber blinking lights then switched to Green Power and Internet connection.  I go to Add Device, and the base station won't sync/connect.  Tried for 2 hours now and now phone number to call.  Have taken all batteries out of cameras and unplugged the Q.  Have powered off modem, router, Base station and powered back on in order to no avail.  Help please

manfredz
Hero
Hero

We are currently investigating this issue. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

lookieloo
Initiate
Initiate
mikki
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems to back online all of a sudden and working like it should. Do you know what happened to fix it?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo engineering team has identified the cause and resolved this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

foxcyfinds
Tutor
Tutor
Its still not connecting when I check status from my phone..

Basicly, I have to drive back over to the house to reboot the system to get it to work?

I am not in love with Arlo at this moment...
PiPoYcHoY
Aspirant
Aspirant

For some reason my system is back up and running now. They might have fixed something on their end. Try logging back in, yours might be fixed already as well.

Ddunn007
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same offline issue, tried to remove device now it won’t even discover my base station. Very frustrating for such a nice system.
sobolewskis1
Tutor
Tutor
Hello, I am still struggling to connect to my base station after experiencing the same problem it appears many other are having being"offline." Is this issue being addressed? Thanks!
sobolewskis1
Tutor
Tutor
100% same issue ddunn.
Hoping this will resolve with time or I will be calling this afternoon....
sobolewskis1
Tutor
Tutor

Ddunn007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ya, day 2 of this issue
Ddunn007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any news? Sure would like to get this expensive system working??!!
racer927
Tutor
Tutor

No dice JamesC / Arlo. It still says the base station is disconnected. 

Ddunn007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still can’t connect to my base station. Keeps trying to refer me back to the instructions, uh I know how to do it. Netgear needs to get it together. I knew I should’ve bought wired cameras......
sobolewskis1
Tutor
Tutor
As soon as I get home first thing I'm doing is calling the company . I really depend on having those cameras up and running . I regret uninstalling the system because this has opened up a new can of worms ...